The 'What's wrong and other fixes' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'What's wrong and other fixes' thread

You can do it Gwen ... You're a 'Frisco chick ... You can do anything ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I cannot get a pic to stick for my avatar, but since I seem to be the only one without a pic, I will keep working on it.

fixed....AND I figured out how to post a video....
      if only I could find my mailbox key...LOL
      Last edited by Celest; 02 Feb 2011, 18:34.
      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen View Post
        On that count (and I do understand that this will all take some time!) I miss the "updated threads you have posted in" button. I'm going to be a sad Gwen if the only ways to see which of my threads have updated are to slog through which of ALL threads have updated, or to Show Own Posts and manually check every one.

By the way--thanks so much for all your work!
        Originally posted by Shadow Dragon View Post
        The little button next to the thread that lets you go straight to the first unread post of that thread is gone. Can the mods bring it back?
        Still working on that one. I do see this as a feature in other software packages other than SMF, but I have yet to find this for vBulletin. Until then, you can always use the button next to username which last responded to the thread, when you look at the unreads overview.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by CttCJim View Post
          where is "replies to my posts" hiding? or is that now being replaced with "subscribed threads"?
          I was wondering the same thing.
          sigpic

Comment

my post count has been significantly reduced, I'm assuming that ya just didn't transfer over the games threads, so I'm not gonna complain on that. unless it was an accident and we might be missing threads O.o

also this new site is not at all cell-friendly... it took me 15min to log in and finally get to the new posts... and then i had time to only look at one. When I got home, the entire new posts list had cleared out and restarted... when i first checked it on my phone there was about 30 new unread threads, and when I got home there was about 8. So yeah... now I cant just go on and check one or two threads, I have to wait til I'm at home and have time to sit there and catch up.
            "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

The only time the lol/games have ever counted for post count was in the interim forum...because we knew it was temporary, and didn't care. On this forum, as with the pre-crash forum, you shouldn't be receiving post count in that area, since we don't want people using to to pad their post count.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

is Rep Power the same as wyrd?
                how did I get one,by whom? and how do I give one?

I have also noticed that where an apostrophy would be there is a bunch of numbers and letters? does anyone else see this?

Comment

Originally posted by Celest View Post
                  is Rep Power the same as wyrd?
                  how did I get one,by whom? and how do I give one?

I have also noticed that where an apostrophy would be there is a bunch of numbers and letters? does anyone else see this?
                  1. It is, in a way, like Wyrd. I may even figure out how to rename it. But, details on how the Rep system works will be posted at a later date. Mainly because I have to figure out the intricate details about how it works to be able to post about it. :P It will be in it's own topic, very soon. Everyone, please save your questions about the Rep System until we publish the post.

2. Those are posts from the old database. The new posts since vBulletin went live will not have that particular quirk. I'm not sure why the cleaner didn't catch those. A hiccup, I suppose. But as we come across them, we generally clean it up, if we have time.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  Sneak Attack

Comment

thanks!
                    I'll stop bothering you with questions now,

THANK YOU for all of your hard work!!!!!

Comment

No no, it's not that I don't like answering the questions, lol. I do. I just don't like answering the same questions over and over.
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper Raven View Post
                        No no, it's not that I don't like answering the questions, lol. I do. I just don't like answering the same questions over and over.
                        What are all those funny symbols? ...

Where is the new post button? ...

Why can't i get logged in? ...

What happened to the post count? ...

Where is my wyrd? ...

For your hard work, you and the crew have unlimited access to the Keebler Cottage ...
                        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by MistressVarda View Post
                          Is anyone else having trouble staying logged in? I keep clicking remember me, but when I come back to the forum I have to log back in. Its not a big deal, just annoying.
                          I am. It occasionaly decides my password isn't right either. Ive had to change it maybe twice since the initial password change.

Comment

A couple of answers, available, here:

When you click on New Posts and get the list of all the latest posts/threads?

There's a couple things to look for. Threads that have posts that you haven't seen will show an envelope with multiple pages in it. Like this:

Once you've read the thread and all the posts, it then shows the envelope without any papers sticking out the top. Like:

For all those you haven't looked at, yet, right after the [above] icons, and before the thread title is a tiny that links to the first new "unread" in that thread.

These examples are all from the forum's "Default Style" skin.

Also? A tip: When using bold, italics or underline? You can just highlight the text you want to affect that change on/to and <cntrl> 'B' for bold. 'U' and 'I' for underline and italics, respectively.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I second the un user friendly version for cell phone. It doesn't format to mobile at all. Is that a fixable thing or should we just get over it?

And yes, the default skin is very nice and easy on the eyes! Thank you for the hard work guys!
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by MistressVarda View Post
                                Is anyone else having trouble staying logged in? I keep clicking remember me, but when I come back to the forum I have to log back in. Its not a big deal, just annoying.
                                A couple of things for this:
                                1. Check your browser's cookie settings. Is it set up to delete cookies when you close the browser? If so, make sure you add www.paganforum.com (no /) to the exception list. If it's already on there, remove it and re-add it.
                                2. Try changing styles, to see if the problem persists. Sometimes it's a style related issue. If so, we can look at the code for the specific style to see if we find the missing link (no pun intended).
                                Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                                X