Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'What's wrong and other fixes' thread

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I second the un user friendly version for cell phone. It doesn't format to mobile at all. Is that a fixable thing or should we just get over it?
    I dont seem to have a problem using it on my mobile, its the same as on the computer, just tinier.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
      I dont seem to have a problem using it on my mobile, its the same as on the computer, just tinier.
      Before there was a friendlier version on my cell. It was pretty much a box of text only with no images etc. Was alot easier.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So how does one go about being able to make a blog?

Comment

I am not going to steal the quote from the Geiko commercial.... no matter how much people think I look like a caveman!

After clicking on Blogs (between Forum and What's New? you see the main, front page of the Blogs area. Shown there, are the most recent blogs. Over on the right hand side of the page, (above the three tabs saying Recent, Most Popular and Best) is Create New Post. That all it is. Click it and go to town. There's some confusing stuff that might pop up later... like where to put it: Staff or Supporter Blogs. But it's mostly straight forward. Have any more questions or if you have trouble with it, don't hesitate to yowl!!

Once you've created one, you can go back to look at it, and any others you've posted, by clicking on My Blogs, in the upper left.

At least, that's what's supposed to happen. I hope I didn't break it again...

~Chain
          Under "redundant", in the dictionary? It says, "Please see 'redundant'."

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
            I am not going to steal the quote from the Geiko commercial.... no matter how much people think I look like a caveman!

After clicking on Blogs (between Forum and What's New? you see the main, front page of the Blogs area. Shown there, are the most recent blogs. Over on the right hand side of the page, (above the three tabs saying Recent, Most Popular and Best) is Create New Post. That all it is. Click it and go to town. There's some confusing stuff that might pop up later... like where to put it: Staff or Supporter Blogs. But it's mostly straight forward. Have any more questions or if you have trouble with it, don't hesitate to yowl!!

Once you've created one, you can go back to look at it, and any others you've posted, by clicking on My Blogs, in the upper left.

At least, that's what's supposed to happen. I hope I didn't break it again...

~Chain
            Nope.
            I have attached a screen cap. I think maybe because I am not a supporter or staff is the problem. So..how do I be a supporter and is that ready to go? I see the donate button. But is there a certain amount I donate to make me a supporter etc?
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh damn. Yeah Medusa, that's what the deal is. Supporters can see it, to create new posts, as well as all the staff. We'll have to wait for Juni, or someone that's already used the donate button, since I don't know if there's a minimum or an amount-per-annum kind of deal or what. But as soon as you get the new badge you should see the new feature/ability.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

There is no annual set price set up yet. Since so many people were asking for the donate button, I just wanted to get it there, but it is fully functioning now. I think the minimum that someone can donate at this point is $5 (I believe it's automatically adjusted per country, if you are not using USD). Basically, what happens is if you press the "Donate" button it will take you to a page where you set the amount you want to donate by selecting an amount or custom from the drop down menu. Pressing Submit will redirect you to the paypal site. From there you will either log in or use their "Don't have a paypal account?" link.

Once you've gone and submitted everything, Myself, Chan and Thal will be notified that a donation has been made and we will accept it and move the person who donated into the supporter usergroup. ^_^
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Ahh, whew! Thanks Juni!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

*pssst...is there a reason this is locked?
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Beats me. It wasn't earlier.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

Thanks! I'll be donating next paycheck!

Comment

I don't know how to ask this, so I'll just post it here bluntly. Did this forum really lose all but the last 3 of my posts, not to mention any threads I may have ever posted? I cannot access them from my profile or search for them.
                          If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yazichestvo View Post
                            I don't know how to ask this, so I'll just post it here bluntly. Did this forum really lose all but the last 3 of my posts, not to mention any threads I may have ever posted? I cannot access them from my profile or search for them.
                            All of the posts made prior to switching to vBulletin seem to have a different way of being accessed from the db than the newer posts. That is, SMF used a different method. Because of that, your posting history (including using the search function) won't show the posts. They're still there, in the threads. The threads still exist. They just can't be searched or even browsed from the profile's history.

Your post count shows 43. So there's a lot more than just 3 posts, of yours, on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              All of the posts made prior to switching to vBulletin seem to have a different way of being accessed from the db than the newer posts. That is, SMF used a different method. Because of that, your posting history (including using the search function) won't show the posts. They're still there, in the threads. The threads still exist. They just can't be searched or even browsed from the profile's history.

Your post count shows 43. So there's a lot more than just 3 posts, of yours, on the forum.
                              Well, that is a slight relief. However, even if these posts and threads are still around in theory, I still have no idea how to access them.
                              If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

If you click on your name (or anyone's name) next to a post, it will open a sub menu where you can select "Show Forum Post" and it will bring up a page that displays your posting history since the switch to vBulletin. But as Chain already explained, anything from SMF is unfortunately not searchable because of the difference in encryption from SMF to vBulletin. I really wish I had a better answer for you about this.
                                Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                                X