Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'What's wrong and other fixes' thread

Originally posted by Yazichestvo View Post
    Well, that is a slight relief. However, even if these posts and threads are still around in theory, I still have no idea how to access them.

Oh no, no. They're still around in fact. They do exist - there's no theory about it. You just have to go to the sections, find the threads you'd posted in and read through those, to find all your old (SMF based) posts.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

And, some threads are in the archives, so you have to go thru those as well...its a PITA
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I'm clearly still not used to this new format. The only threads I can find I either recently active or in the graveyard, which I know can't be everything. Doesn't this forum have numbered pages you can click to go back to previously listed threads?
        Last edited by Yazichestvo; 09 Apr 2011, 10:57.
        If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Yeah, all the old stuff has to be manually hunted down, section by section, thread by thread, or just browsed up, in the Archives. As people continue with their discussions, talking about things that are meaningful, or whatever, all on the new format (which by now, actually, isn't all that new, anymore) the transition line fades into obscurity. Ancient history. With some tens of thousands of posts since the software change, the few dozen that first disappeared, Post-Crash, won't be as significant.

Simply put: If you need to find an old post? Go look for it. Searching and history won't show it. Otherwise, post more and you'll see more of your history. (Such as, if the topic was that near and dear to you, bring it up again. See if people want to dig into it again.)

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

A shortcut, though somewhat imperfect, enter

Yazichestvo site:www.paganforum.com

in a google search bar. It will miss things but it should pick up a decent number of your old posts.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thank you MaskedOne, this solution does actually seem to find some of my posts. As for simply looking through the forums though, that had actually occurred to me. I wasn't just being lazy. I am still struggling to believe that every thread is here.
              If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Google's advanced search options are useful to know. I use it more to look for cache data from threads that really are gone but it can also help you find the vast majority of threads since the major crash last winter. Otherwise, trust the Admins, if you made the post in the past 5-6 months then you've got something like a 95% of finding it. I've spent enough time backtracking through the catacombs that I can say with absolute certainty that a crapload of posts exist from the previous SMF software that can't be found through your user profile.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Its possible that a few went missing while trying to sort things out at first with the new software...but if so, its a negligible amount. Some threads were put into the archives that are visible to everyone and some (mainly ones that looked like spam, that were intros, games, quizzes, etc) were put in the hidden archives to be sorted thru.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Getting back to blogs...

I created my first blog post today, but when I tried to give it tags, I received a message that I could not create new tags. Is there a list of existing blog tags anywhere?
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Time out ... Save writings for posting ... Re-log in ... Post ... Read ... Post ... Save to repost ... Re-log in ... Repost ... Read a bit ... Try to reply ... FRAK ... (growl mumble mumble rant yell scream toss computer at wall) ...

I HATE TIME OUT
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                      X