This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings from Olympia, WA

Yay! Someone else local!!! Welcome to PF..
    Love and Light,
    Mystical Journey
    www.lifesmysticaljourney.com
    http://lifesmysticaljourney.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Hi and welcome!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

A Pleasure to Meet You All

Greetings,

My name is Vincent. I'm 20 years old, and follow the path of Druidry. Art, Music and Literature are my life, and I enjoy learning each of them. I work as a commissioned illustrator for a children's book series, and have worked in the past on fantasy novels as well. Drawing is my passion.

Oregon is my home, but for a while i'll be traveling down near the Texas area to be with my partner, who is my life inspiration.

That's about it for now, but I hope to meet you all very soon. This seems like a very friendly and educational place.

Blessings,
          Vincent

Comment

I've returned...

I know I haven't been on in a few months, and to be honest I've had a lot of personal problems. You may all remember that a while ago I did a rant thread about having problems with my boyfriend of almost 3 years. The unanimous advice I recieved at that time was to leave him- advice that I very stupidly ignored. I believed that I could make it work. I left the forums for a while and tried as hard as I could. I even prayed to the Gods to help me salvage the relationship. However, as time went on, I began to realise the truth- that I couldn't stay, and that my prayers were futile, not to mention selfish. So, I did the hardest thing I have ever had to do- I ended it. His subsequent attitude (telling everyone it was mutual, ignoring me, then saying he's over me after just a week)- have only proven to me that I did the right thing, even if it was incredibly painful.

So, I've returned. Humbled and hurt, yes, but an awful lot wiser. I'd like to apologise to everyone for not taking your advice sooner, and I'd also like to thank you all for your support.

-Ravenix
            "The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence." (Tacitus, `Germania', 9)

Comment

Re: A Pleasure to Meet You All

Welcome to PF!!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Re: I've returned...

*hugs*

#1, Welcome back!

#2...sometimes advice sucks--its a helluva lot easier to give than take, ya? And...tbh, advice of the heart is the hardest of all...and one you *do* usually need to learn on your own at least once, or twice, or ten times before you recognize the situation everyone else sees but you! Besides, free advice is free to take or not, lol!
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Re: Hello once again!

lol, welcome back!
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome back!!!

Regarding personal advice, shrug, highly emotional subjects tend be ones where advice is rarely fun unless it matches with what we already want to do. You aren't the first and I'll bet you a small percent of every paycheck I receive for the rest of my life that you won't be the last person to disregard advice on matters of the heart. I think that one falls under human nature.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome back!
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Welcome back. And we all experience butt hurt from time to time. You have some life experience now that you can share with other people and to remind yourself when and if a similar event occurs, aka you live and learn.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

Thanks everyone! ^_______^ In a much better mood today as I had a 2-hour nap :P But yes, I've learned a lot from it and I know it's for the best.
                          "The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence." (Tacitus, `Germania', 9)

Comment

Welcome back Always remember, We're here for you, All you gotta do is say And keep your chin up, You've done the right thing
                            Last edited by Amelia-Mary; 09 Sep 2011, 10:32. Reason: My computer went nuts for some reason
                            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Re: Hello once again!

Welcome back x
                              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Hi there

Hey there. Hi there. Ho there. So on and so forth. I'm me and nobody else, at least most of the time. Apparently, the forum has recently had a reboot or something because I see a lot of "Welcome back" and such going around. However, this is my first time here, or on any real forum for that matter, so please bear with my shenanigans and potential mistakes. As with everything, I'm looking to learn more about paganism than what I have figured out so far, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy hunting!

Comment

Working...
                                X