Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is your favorite non conventional smell?
    The mingled scent of diesel exhaust and wet asphalt.

The 'smell' of rain actually has a scientific name. It's petrichor.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

Nothing. (Anymore.) The earth doesn't need saving. The human pond scum that inhabits it all need saving... .
      I have to agree.

[QUOTE=Medusa;65388]

My baby's breath.

Comment

My boy cat smells like an old fur but in a good way... to me anyway. My wife thinks it's weird.

Comment

Let's see.. I use a re-usable water bottle for work and gym. I drive a good mileage car and it's economy. I try to buy products that don't have a ridiculous amount of packaging. I don't litter. I don't reproduce.

I'll answer mine now! I love the smell of wet pavement. I love cat paws. Lemons, the smell between my breasts, gasoline, magic markers!
          Pool chlorine. I usually hate chemical smells, but I love the smell of chlorine.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Oh that would have to be horses for me. Even their poo, or the way they smell after the rain. Saddle soap, fresh hay, hoof polish, or the smell of burying one's face in their mane. Yum! Oh and the smell of burning hair when the farrier visits!

I love how cats smell too, but horses win.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            Pool chlorine. I usually hate chemical smells, but I love the smell of chlorine.
            I was put off this when i heard it isn't the chlorine we smell, but the product of its reaction with various human waste products. In fact, the way to get rid of that smell, is to add more chlorine. Now when I smell it at the pool all I can think is 'someone peed again'.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I like cut grass, the smell of wet trees, the musky smell of my partner when he's just woke up, pertrol and turpentine! x
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Petrol and raw minced beef
                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  I was put off this when i heard it isn't the chlorine we smell, but the product of its reaction with various human waste products. In fact, the way to get rid of that smell, is to add more chlorine. Now when I smell it at the pool all I can think is 'someone peed again'.
                  Its not true--bleach still in the container smells exactly like a pool, as does the powdered chlorine from the bag used to treat pools.

I love the smell of bleach.

...and Sharpies.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Its not true--bleach still in the container smells exactly like a pool, as does the powdered chlorine from the bag used to treat pools.

I love the smell of bleach.

...and Sharpies.
                    See, I was sure I remembered it smelling in chemesty class too, but apparently: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_94160701/

So it's partially oxidised organic compounds, releasing chloramines, that one smells.

I'm not questioning your information though, I know you worked in a pool so know from experience. It is just that the powder was likely calcium hypochloride. Apparently, neat chlorine should have no scent, and it most certainly wouldn't be a solid at room temperature.

Seeing that suntan lotion and shampoo can also cause the smell, has made me relax a little though.
                    Last edited by Jembru; 26 Apr 2012, 14:45.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

theres sooo many. The rain, cut grass, blood, the smell of my friend's neck
                      Circe

Comment

Damn...this is a hard one. I've been a smoker for suck a long time my sense of smell doesn't work very well :-/ I like the smell of old muscle cars...the mix of grease and gas and tearing up asphalt gets ground into the entire rig...it's comforting to me.

Comment

I also like the smell of adamantium.

#thingsiloveaboutwolvie
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Wet clay. But I work with ceramics a lot. Really aren't supposed to breathe in clay dust, but I like the smell of that too. It's just dangerous cause you're breathing in silicone.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Old leather.
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Would you allow your child to live as the opposite sex because they feel they are the opposite sex? If no, is there an age you would allow it?
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X