Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wodenism - is it racist or is it the real deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wodenism - is it racist or is it the real deal?

There's a big diff. between saying "all people should stay in their native lands" and "Let's have an all-*fill-in-the-nationality/color/gender/religion-of-your-choice* group that meets once a week". The way the OP was phrased made it racist/segregationist by design, which removes the freedom for mixed groups to exist.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

There are people who think preserving racial diversity is racist. I fail to see how that is so, but if it is, so be it. Yes, I care about my people, my race, my culture, my heritage, and yes, I want to preserve all those things. I recognize my race, which is being subjected to forced multiculturalism in all of its traditional homelands, needs a new homeland, just for it, just one place on this entire huge planet, where we Europeans can preserve ourselves. I'm not out to hurt anyone else, just preserve my people. Now, if that is racist, so be it. I fail to see where you can imply this as "hate," but, whatever.

So the question of "is Wodanism racist" - well, some people who are Wodanists want to preserve their race. Some don't care if their people die out. It all depends on your definition of racist. If it's racist to preserve your people, then you'd better believe I'm as racist as they come. If being a racist means hating people cause their skin color is different, no, that's stupid.

-Valhalla

Comment

So, Valhalla, are you 100% Nordic ancestry? Or is there some Irish in there too? Scottish? I bring up these ethnicities to prove a point.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Valhalla View Post
          There are people who think preserving racial diversity is racist. I fail to see how that is so, but if it is, so be it. Yes, I care about my people, my race, my culture, my heritage, and yes, I want to preserve all those things. I recognize my race, which is being subjected to forced multiculturalism in all of its traditional homelands, needs a new homeland, just for it, just one place on this entire huge planet, where we Europeans can preserve ourselves. I'm not out to hurt anyone else, just preserve my people. Now, if that is racist, so be it. I fail to see where you can imply this as "hate," but, whatever.

So the question of "is Wodanism racist" - well, some people who are Wodanists want to preserve their race. Some don't care if their people die out. It all depends on your definition of racist. If it's racist to preserve your people, then you'd better believe I'm as racist as they come. If being a racist means hating people cause their skin color is different, no, that's stupid.

-Valhalla
          You bring up an interresting point. You describe your people as needing protection, and that is a sentiment I think alot of people will agree with, whether they admit it or not. If it came down to me killing someone elses family or they would kill mine... Well I'm a pretty damn good shot...

If someone wants to colonize an island and invite certain people of certain backgrounds to live there, that is fine with me. I only take issue where someone wants to boot people who have lived in a place for often many generations, out because they did not originate there. I just feel like it does'nt make any sense. after genetic testing many people do not come from where they think they do. How many generations back do you consider are nessecary before a person falls into the category of "your people" and can stay? Thats the issue I think we are looking at and finding a problem with.

There are many peoples who have been moved from their ancestral homes, and are now living somewhere completely different. That does not mean I advocate giving it "back." Manhattan is not going to be evacuated and have the once indiginous people come back to live there, it just is'nt sensible to me. In the US we had segregation (based on skin color) and it did not work! not even a little...

I don't presume to know someones spirituality and would not expect them to make me understand it, but the way of thinking presented by the original poster in the quoted article has a clearly rascist and "hate speech" attitude presented within. Groups like the KKK and nazi's have similar attitudes as well. If a person agrees with the way of thinking presented specifically within that articla, they should not be surprised if they are labeled rascist...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
            I also find it a bit odd that a thread beginning with a single question has seemed to turn into a defense of racism by the OP? Maybe I'm just reading that wrong, but there is a weird vibe.
            I'm not defending racism but if a religious group wants to only allow a certain type of member then that is religious freedom.

in the same way that some groups only allow women, Jews or Muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ula View Post
            I am a practicing Heathen and find this extremely racist. Wodan or any god can call to anyone. The world is different now. I have never lived in Germany but found my faith while searching my roots. Does Wodan not take my offering cause I am in the US? Technology, shared information in books and the internet make many things accessible to people than ever before. Why wouldn't the gods take advantage of it?
            It seems to be the blood connection that is key here.

This Wodenist group iseems to be big on Aryan mythology and blood purity.

So your location in the World does not matter so much but your ancestry does.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
            Also, this page stinks not only of racism, but also of Naziism. Their icon on my Chrome tab even looks a bit like a swastika...
            I believe it is meant to be a Swastika, yes, but more in the lines of Indo-European religion, ie: The original symbol that Hitler copied.

Comment

Originally posted by westwoden View Post
              I'm not defending racism but if a religious group wants to only allow a certain type of member then that is religious freedom.
              Just because someone can do something, doesn't mean they should, or that it's good thing to do. Saying, oh well, they (should) have religious freedom doesn't mean it's also not racist. It also doesn't mean they should be free from criticism - these sorts of things go both ways, after all.
              Last edited by Gardenia; 28 Nov 2012, 16:57.
              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                One thing about these sorts of purist groups that puzzles me is...what happens to those of us weirdos who are dual nationality? I know a lot of them in the UK!
                nothing happens, but presumably you cannot join the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                Doesn't matter what other groups may or may not be doing - we can look at the things this group teaches and believes in to find the answer, that yeah, it's pretty racist. So my question is, westwoden, do you not find this group racist? Without bringing other groups into it, focusing on just what this group is saying, why do you feel that way?
                Some of their points are a little racist agreed, and they tend to merge politics with religion too much.

However, their main adherence seems to be to that of the tribe as in ancient times.

Perhaps they will allow an outsider (ie: a mixed race person) to be adopted by the tribe?

anyway, no real difference to groups in many foreign countries - one would not likely be accepted as an equal by the villagers in a remote land, especially if you looked different. I'd say that is just human nature.

- - - Updated - - -

-Valhalla
                Excellent post and I fully agree!

Comment

There are people who think preserving racial diversity is racist. I fail to see how that is so, but if it is, so be it...
                  It is when one group forces another to live in a way other than the way they chose to live because of their race.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by westwoden View Post
                  .This Wodenist group iseems to be big on Aryan mythology and blood purity.
                  LMAO - has nobody informed them that there never were any "Aryan" people? That the Aryan "myth" was created by a writer of fancy named Freidrich Schlegel in 1808?

Oddly enough, Schlegel was Jewish...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

-Valhalla
                    I've come to understand heathenry as a very personal and familial folk path. Which means that, even if I was in an interracial relationship, my heritage would still be "preserved" because I would still cook my grandmother's recipes, still tend my personal garden, and still share with my family my superstitions/hopes/dreams/fears. No one can take away your voice and the heart inside of the home. If my neighbor is Muslim, then he is a part of my world, and my goal is to have ar ok frith-- peace and plenty. And that means supporting my local community, building friendships, and being decent and inclusive. And those relationships and interactions become part of a pleasant way of life that I hope my children will follow.

To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Thursday View Post
                      Well, this thread has been interesting to read ^_^
                      On the topic of an all-women coven, I just wanted to add that I think you have to look at their reasons before making any judgments. Perhaps they are a skyclad coven. Then it could be an issue of simple modesty or even safety (especially if any of the members have ever been abused). Or maybe they just want to work with feminine energies sometimes, so they have that all-female coven. There's any number of reasons besides "we are being sexist and we hate men!"
                      That's true! I haven't thought of that one, thanks for pointing that out Moody Thursday! It could be for simple modesty if they practice skyclad events. Also, if the reason is simply women bonding and not anything against males in general. Sorta like how men have their fraternities and male only clubs. Which I think is healthy and not sexist. I believe every man should have a "man cave" in their life. ^_^
                      Though, this group posted by the original OP does have some clear racial tones to it... it's about skin color. And there's no way to justify that or change it around to mean anything but racist. I'm sorry, I can not see the grey to that group at all, although I did try to!
                      I'm okay if there is a group that says, "sorry, you can't join because we only accept males here." It's just simply disturbing to me if I'm told, "sorry, you can't join us because of your race". :-/
                      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

I've got to say from what little I have heard about it, Wodenism does sound like it was thought up by a member of the EDL.

Whilst I agree that we shouldn't be letting more people into Britain because Britain is already over crowded with not enough houses to go round and I don't want lots more houses built because I like trees... I don't think we should be sending anyone "home" because of their skin colour or religion. If you have a British passport or were born here you can stay. With regards immigration we should have a "one out one in" policy. So you allow a number of immigrants equal to the number of emigrants. With regards fixing the housing crisis. I don't think anyone should be allowed a third home and people with second homes (like a holiday home or whatever) should have to pay more tax on that second home which would encourage them to let other people use it for part of the year or encourage them to sell it. I think letting various peoples into this country has made Britain better in some ways. For example when did you last eat Indian or Chinese food?

Comment

I recognize my race, which is being subjected to forced multiculturalism in all of its traditional homelands, needs a new homeland, just for it, just one place on this entire huge planet, where we Europeans can preserve ourselves.

-Valhalla
                          When you say 'We Europeans' of which ones are you talking about? You have a big chunk of the damned planet.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It's not that there are not enough houses to go round in the UK - in fact there are loads of empty houses for one reason or another. It's just that the housing is so bloody expensive...

People have always wanted to emigrate to other lands in search of what they see as a better life. It's understandable.

It's why the Anglo-Saxons came to the Land of Ocean (UK was often referred to as this by the Romans) in the first place.

So - to return to the original post... I don't like the double standards here. It's okay for the Anglo-Saxons to plonk themselves in the UK (and use violence to do so, which they did)... but once there, they have to stop anyone else doing the same?
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              So - to return to the original post... I don't like the double standards here. It's okay for the Anglo-Saxons to plonk themselves in the UK (and use violence to do so, which they did)... but once there, they have to stop anyone else doing the same?
                              It makes sense to defend what you have, even if you only got it by taking it from someone else. If anything taking it, teaches you that things can be taken and increases the psychological need to defend. I don't see why we should be nice to our own detriment.

I think westwoden is a racist whilst I'm just honestly selfish. I don't want any ethnic clensing of Britain. I just want less people period. If I could pick a bunch of white people to remove I would. As long as none of them are my friends or familly.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                                I think westwoden is a racist whilst I'm just honestly selfish. I don't want any ethnic clensing of Britain. I just want less people period. If I could pick a bunch of white people to remove I would. As long as none of them are my friends or familly.
                                I can respect selfishness, as long as a person is honest about it. I may not agree with it, but who cares about that. lol. I can see your side to it, Alice. ^_^

But for the Wodenism stated here, I agree... it is racist. I don't agree with or respect it. Well... I respect that people have a right to be racists or stupid if they want to be, but I also have a right to not associate with stupid and racists people as well. But that's as far as my respect goes. ;^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                                I had a black cabbage patch doll when i was younger. Still have it, actually. It's one of my favorites.
                                Me too, but in reverse. I had a white cabbage patch doll, my first and only one, and it was my most favorite. I don't know what happened to it now, it's probably stored in the basement with the rest of my childhood things. ;^_^
                                Children aren't born to care about things like race or skin color. They are taught this. I never had a second glance at the color of my cabbage patch doll, until I was older and the differences were pointed out to me. :-/
                                My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Working...
                                X