X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being a Godly Wife. Your thoughts?

Originally posted by Monster View Post
    Where all of you seem to be messing up is this misguided notion of "equality." Men and women aren't equal. Never have been. Never were meant to be. There can only be one person in charge of any relationship. And if the man doesn't take, and retain control, then the relationship is doomed. Because once a woman feels like *she* is in control, she no longer respects you and starts running you down.

If her religious teachings get her where she is in her marriage, then great. Either way I believe she has a firm grasp on what a woman's role should be.
    Why do you feel that way? What makes you think that that is an ideal relationship? I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm merely curious because it's so different from how I feel personally.

Comment

Where all of you seem to be messing up is this misguided notion of "equality." Men and women aren't equal. Never have been. Never were meant to be. There can only be one person in charge of any relationship. And if the man doesn't take, and retain control, then the relationship is doomed. Because once a woman feels like *she* is in control, she no longer respects you and starts running you down.

If her religious teachings get her where she is in her marriage, then great. Either way I believe she has a firm grasp on what a woman's role should be.
      A relationship isn't something you control, or force, or reign over, its two people choosing to live their lives together. To do that I don't need or want to dominate my partner, and being confident enough in your relationship, to trust another human being enough, that you can let them be in control of their own life and body, and respect yours is a good thing. Being a man has nothing to do with bossing a woman around. Being in a relationship has nothing to do with it. And a successful relationship has nothing to do with treating a woman like she is my property. She's not. She's human. And surprise! She is equal to me! She's just as smart, ambitious, clever, soulful, happy, sad, human. In short, she is a person.

My girlfriend respects me because I respect her, and that isn't misguided. Nor is thinking that she is my equal, 'misguided'. Somehow she hasn't run me down, demeaned me, or tried to control me either, because we are capable of love and respect.

A woman's role is whatever a particular woman wants it to be. She wasn't born better or worse. God didn't cast woman down upon the rocks.

I'm sorry that you can't see how valuable and beautiful that is, and I'm sorry you see a woman's role as so subservient to you.
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Teamwork
        From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Teamwork is "work done by several associates with each doing a part but all subordinating personal prominence to the efficiency of the whole" .[1]
        In a business setting accounting techniques may be used to provide financial measures of the benefits of teamwork which are useful for justifying the concept.[2] Teamwork is increasingly advocated by health care policy makers as a means of assuring quality and safety in the delivery of services; a committee of the Institute of Medicine recommended in 2000 that patient safety programs "establish interdisciplinary team training programs for providers that incorporate proven methods of team training, such as simulation."[3]
        In health care, a systematic concept analysis in 2008 concluded teamwork to be "a dynamic process involving two or more healthcare professionals with complementary backgrounds and skills, sharing common health goals and exercising concerted physical and mental effort in assessing, planning, or evaluating patient care."[4] Elsewhere teamwork is defined as "those behaviours that facilitate effective team member interaction," with "team" defined as "a group of two or more individuals who perform some work related task, interact with one another dynamically, have a shared past, have a foreseeable shared future, and share a common fate."[5] Another definition for teamwork proposed in 2008 is "the interdependent components of performance required to effectively coordinate the performance of multiple individuals"; as such, teamwork is "nested within" the broader concept of team performance which also includes individual-level taskwork.[6] A 2012 review of the academic literature found that the word "teamwork" has been used "as a catchall to refer to a number of behavioral processes and emergent states."[7]

Oh, and......

Troll (Internet)
        This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people.[1]. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
        While this sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling also used to describe intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]
        ... I love you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        A relationship isn't something you control, or force, or reign over, its two people choosing to live their lives together. To do that I don't need or want to dominate my partner, and being confident enough in your relationship, to trust another human being enough, that you can let them be in control of their own life and body, and respect yours is a good thing. Being a man has nothing to do with bossing a woman around. Being in a relationship has nothing to do with it. And a successful relationship has nothing to do with treating a woman like she is my property. She's not. She's human. And surprise! She is equal to me! She's just as smart, ambitious, clever, soulful, happy, sad, human. In short, she is a person.

My girlfriend respects me because I respect her, and that isn't misguided. Nor is thinking that she is my equal, 'misguided'. Somehow she hasn't run me down, demeaned me, or tried to control me either, because we are capable of love and respect.

A woman's role is whatever a particular woman wants it to be. She wasn't born better or worse. God didn't cast woman down upon the rocks.

I'm sorry that you can't see how valuable and beautiful that is, and I'm sorry you see a woman's role as so subservient to you.
        You put that very eloquently.

Comment

Teamwork
          Teamwork is "work done by several associates with each doing a part but all subordinating personal prominence to the efficiency of the whole" .[1]
          In a business setting accounting techniques may be used to provide financial measures of the benefits of teamwork which are useful for justifying the concept.[2] Teamwork is increasingly advocated by health care policy makers as a means of assuring quality and safety in the delivery of services; a committee of the Institute of Medicine recommended in 2000 that patient safety programs "establish interdisciplinary team training programs for providers that incorporate proven methods of team training, such as simulation."[3]
          In health care, a systematic concept analysis in 2008 concluded teamwork to be "a dynamic process involving two or more healthcare professionals with complementary backgrounds and skills, sharing common health goals and exercising concerted physical and mental effort in assessing, planning, or evaluating patient care."[4] Elsewhere teamwork is defined as "those behaviours that facilitate effective team member interaction," with "team" defined as "a group of two or more individuals who perform some work related task, interact with one another dynamically, have a shared past, have a foreseeable shared future, and share a common fate."[5] Another definition for teamwork proposed in 2008 is "the interdependent components of performance required to effectively coordinate the performance of multiple individuals"; as such, teamwork is "nested within" the broader concept of team performance which also includes individual-level taskwork.[6] A 2012 review of the academic literature found that the word "teamwork" has been used "as a catchall to refer to a number of behavioral processes and emergent states."[7]

Oh, and......

Troll (Internet)
          This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people.[1]. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
          While this sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling also used to describe intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]
          ...sending you a friend request. thank you.
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
            ...sending you a friend request. thank you.
            Make that two of us.

Comment

I'm going to take a giant leap and say..you haven't been in a relationship with a woman.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I'm going to take a giant leap and say..you haven't been in a relationship with a woman.
                ... Also be expecting a friend request.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Rosie Palm and her five sisters would disagree......

I know, I know. Shut my Jersey Girl inner self up and quit making trouble. Hahahaha Yeahrite!!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I really just hope this was sarcasm... otherwise, I will just have to stop reading any word you ever say... ever...
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      I really just hope this was sarcasm... otherwise, I will just have to stop reading any word you ever say... ever...
                      I felt that had it been meant sarcastically, the poster would have said so, considering it was a hot-button issue. A little LOL or smiley-face means a lot. That being absent, I suspect a troll.

Not to step on any Mod/Admin's toes here, sorry. I just know what I see, and see what I know.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I felt that had it been meant sarcastically, the poster would have said so, considering it was a hot-button issue. A little LOL or smiley-face means a lot. That being absent, I suspect a troll.

Not to step on any Mod/Admin's toes here, sorry. I just know what I see, and see what I know.
                        I sort of agree with you, but... but... *sigh* it just blows my mind, absolutely blows it... kerpow, gone brainless....
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The amount of sexism and racism I've seen from that Monster guy, it HAS to be a troll. No one is that backward, surely?

OT: I find nothing more depressing than when women agree with sexist men. There needs to be some serious empowerment there, it's sad.
                          Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                            OT: I find nothing more depressing than when women agree with sexist men. There needs to be some serious empowerment there, it's sad.
                            Same.

Also, not that anyone outside of Monster needs convincing but..I was in a marriage where my husband was 'in control' and guess what! I was emotionally abused, bordering on physical and I was miserable and then I left. That seems pretty failed to me.

I am now married to a man who treats me like his best friend, and I him. Neither of us is 'in control' we just work together. We may have tasks we're better at, but that doesn't mean we even control those. And..I've known (and been in love with) him for a decade and we've lived together for five of those years and we've been through some really terrible stuff that would stress -any- relationship and we still chat and kiss and cuddle and have a very healthy relationship.

If I was in a relationship with -anyone-, man, woman, gender queer, what-have-you, and they expected one of us to be 'in control', I'd go mad and I'd be gone.
                            My Tumblr
                            My Webcomic
                            My Twitter

Comment

While I disagree with every word that came out of that post, we will not have member bashing on the public forums. If any of you have an issue with Monster, please handle it privately, or bring it to the attention of the staff.

Mostly art.

Comment

I don't agree with what you have to say but I'll defend your right to say it. Not my philosophy and I feel this does cause harm to perpetuate the "woman's place stereotype" but the person is entitled to their opinion and religious beliefs. It's my belief that no sex or gender has a predefined place of superiority over the other(s).
                                Personally I feel all romantic relationships should be agreed on and people should respect one another.

In an ideal relationship all people are comfortable and all their actions to and for one another are done from love for their partner, not obligation or duty. Relationships should be deeply personal things not because one feels "this is what I should do" (setting aside political movements through arranged marriage but that's an entirely different thing).

However while that is preferable I have met people who enjoy being submissive and subservient to their partners. My last boyfriend for example was all "I am at your command" in all aspects of the relationship and genuinely seemed to like it. Granted it was a major reason why we aren't together anymore but he did like it. People who may possibly be naturally submissive may do well in such a relationship. Yet affection should be the motivation in all relationships.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X