This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minecraft Thread of Mining and Crafting

It's right clicking with a sword equipped. Took me a bit to figure it out and I still never use it. You can also hit ghast fire balls to reflect them, there's even an achievement for killing them with their own fireball. I dont think blocking works on creepers though but like I said I never use it so I dunno
    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      I'm serious though, how do I do it?
      Just right-click and hold down while holding the sword - it will show your sword held at a funny angle, and that's you blocking. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
      I dont think blocking works on creepers though but like I said I never use it so I dunno
      Nope, they'll still asplode regardless - one thing that does help with creepers however is if you have a pet cat (link includes guide to get one in case anyone needs it). They scare off creepers so you don't get any surprise "hugs".

Comment

Cats dont work nearly as well as they claim to. I had a creeper still kill me with my pet cat close by. I assume they need line of sight or something with the cat. I wish that cats did more things. Dogs are infinately more useful
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          Cats dont work nearly as well as they claim to. I had a creeper still kill me with my pet cat close by. I assume they need line of sight or something with the cat. I wish that cats did more things. Dogs are infinately more useful
          Really? Wow I need to be more careful then. So far I haven't had any trouble but I'm glad you mention it. I'll be more careful when I'm tromping around with a cat army, lol.

Comment

Thanks! I wondered why my sword just waggled when I right clicked! I wondered why it didn't work when I tried to deflect gast attacks! I've seen others do it and I thought they were just hitting them.

We also had a few creeper misshaps with a cat in tow, so I think it's a bit hit and miss. The wolves are better, but I wish they had more health.

According to the guy in the let's play, creepers do blow up, but if you time your block right, you'll take less damage. It's just that no one does it really, because if you see a creeper, you attack (or run), if you don't see it, well it's all over before you can do anything.

JP has the knack of killing creepers without them blowing, down to a T. I just have to run and pray!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowDemonic View Post
              Really? Wow I need to be more careful then. So far I haven't had any trouble but I'm glad you mention it. I'll be more careful when I'm tromping around with a cat army, lol.
              Maybe it's because I only ever have two dogs and/or cats at a time and not an army. I like to keep some in reserve at my base since they tend to get lost/killed over long distance or rouge land. Cats being immune to fall damage is a godsend, dogs are constantly killing themselves by jumping off things. Cats tend to run head first into cactus. Baby animals of all sorts will drown in water or run into fireplaces

You can hit ghast fireballs btw, like when you normally attack. You need to get the timing down though and it can be done with any tool or sword
              Last edited by Corvus; 30 Aug 2013, 13:22.
              Circe

Comment

Oh you snuck that in before I posted my last message... We only have one cat, so I wonder if it's better to have more. I'll give it a go!
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh you snuck that in before I posted my last message... We only have one cat, so I wonder if it's better to have more. I'll give it a go!
                  If you have two or more you can breed them like any other animal. You can also pick which fur type the baby will have. The baby will have the same fur type as the cat that reaches the other first so just make one of them sit. They're bred using raw fish, which is easy enough to get.
                  Circe

Comment

I'm kicking back and watching JP and his friend play in a new world together. It's day 3 right now. On day 2, while his friend was out collecting wood, a creeper casually walked into the nice hallway they'd made and blew it up... It was minutes after I posted here... Seemed like ironic timing.

btw, is it only possible to kill them without them blowing, if you use a sword? JP hit it with a pick, and it didn't seem to work.

Comment

I'm kicking back and watching JP and his friend play in a new world together. It's day 3 right now. On day 2, while his friend was out collecting wood, a creeper casually walked into the nice hallway they'd made and blew it up... It was minutes after I posted here... Seemed like ironic timing.

btw, is it only possible to kill them without them blowing, if you use a sword? JP hit it with a pick, and it didn't seem to work.
                      Creepers have pretty good AI as far as minecraft mobs go. So traps and stuff like that don't always work. I only dare engage them in combat with a bow
                      Circe

Comment

I was going to put this in 'What are you thinking about?' but it is so cruel that I even intend to share this, that I decided to reduce the amount of poor sods exposed to it, and put it in here.

I have found a way of illustrating to those who don't speak Japanese, what it feels like to listen to anime, movies, TV shows or lets plays in Japanese if you are only an intermediate like me!

This video is in English. Yeah, this is English.. You'll see that if you really concentrate, you realise you know these words and can just about work out what they're saying, and there'll be entire sentences and even sections that make perfect sense, but if you just casually listen, much of the time it becomes jibberish. You could probably work out everything if you played, paused, played again and so on.. but it's a challenge to catch everything.

I saw this just now and I forgot it was English. Honestly, the experience felt so much like watching Japanese, that I thought to myself, 'That's enough for today I think, after this I'll watch videos in English.' When I caught myself thinking this, I turned to JP, remarked that this is exactly like listening to Japanese and decided I'd share this with others, so they can appreciate what it feels like to be partially familiar with a language! ^^

I'm sorry I made you suffer the seconds it took you to reach 'close tab', I'm drunk! ^^

Comment

You can totally take Creepers with a sword or even a pick or axe, but you'll need space to run around dodging. Basically you'll come in, strike right when you're in range and back out as fast as possible - they'll make the signature "tssss!" noise and start swelling/blinking as if about to explode, but once you're quickly out of range, they return to normal and pursue you again. Repeat a few times until it's dead. I fight them this way a lot and it gets me lots of gunpowder. Occasionally I'll time it wrong and get asploded anyway, but if you've got good reflexes and room to dodge and get out of range, you should be good.

Otherwise just stick to bows. ;3

Comment

You can totally take Creepers with a sword or even a pick or axe, but you'll need space to run around dodging. Basically you'll come in, strike right when you're in range and back out as fast as possible - they'll make the signature "tssss!" noise and start swelling/blinking as if about to explode, but once you're quickly out of range, they return to normal and pursue you again. Repeat a few times until it's dead. I fight them this way a lot and it gets me lots of gunpowder. Occasionally I'll time it wrong and get asploded anyway, but if you've got good reflexes and room to dodge and get out of range, you should be good.

Otherwise just stick to bows. ;3
                            I guess it was just his timing then! He just never used a pick to do it, so we wondered if it was that. He's usually pretty good at stopping them from exploding, so long as he has space to dash back, but he does time it wrong sometimes. I'll let him know it wasn't the pick's fault. Thanks!

Comment

I was going to put this in 'What are you thinking about?' but it is so cruel that I even intend to share this, that I decided to reduce the amount of poor sods exposed to it, and put it in here.

I have found a way of illustrating to those who don't speak Japanese, what it feels like to listen to anime, movies, TV shows or lets plays in Japanese if you are only an intermediate like me!

This video is in English. Yeah, this is English.. You'll see that if you really concentrate, you realise you know these words and can just about work out what they're saying, and there'll be entire sentences and even sections that make perfect sense, but if you just casually listen, much of the time it becomes jibberish. You could probably work out everything if you played, paused, played again and so on.. but it's a challenge to catch everything.

I saw this just now and I forgot it was English. Honestly, the experience felt so much like watching Japanese, that I thought to myself, 'That's enough for today I think, after this I'll watch videos in English.' When I caught myself thinking this, I turned to JP, remarked that this is exactly like listening to Japanese and decided I'd share this with others, so they can appreciate what it feels like to be partially familiar with a language! ^^

I'm sorry I made you suffer the seconds it took you to reach 'close tab', I'm drunk! ^^
                              This is amusing.
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

It is rather amusing. His accent is pretty bad but it IS understandable
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X