Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wizard seeks new home

I am in Clark County. It would be cool to find some one who lives near me!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am sure that I will enjoy my time here.

Comment

Re: Wizard seeks new home

Originally posted by Jet Ravenwolf View Post
      I am in Clark County. It would be cool to find some one who lives near me!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am sure that I will enjoy my time here.
      I'm in Portland, just across the river from you! I frequently go to Vancouver to visit family, and work on occasion all over SW WA.

Welcome to Pagan Forum.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hello all

Hello everyone. I am 17 years old and I am a native of Louisville, KY, which is also where I am currently located. I was raised Baptist, but my mother and grandparents were never strict about pushing me into their religion. Before I make any more confusing parental statements, I must say that I haven't seen my father since I was 3 years old. I don't even know anything past his first name. Anyhow, I formulated my own opinions about religion and I knew I believed in a supreme power, but I couldn't find my truth in the Bible. I turned my religious attention to the Earth that I love and the spiritual realm.

I suppose I would call myself monotheistic since I generally believe in a supreme power (God / Goddess) that transcends human gender, or is both. I believe in some sort of spiritual connection to the Earth and the Moon, but how that manifests I do not yet know. So although I like to call myself neopagan, doesn't "monotheistic" conflict with that? Do I belong here? I would appreciate some wisdom on these matters. In fact, that is why I am here. I hope I do not annoy anyone because I am mostly here to seek wisdom from those who have more experience than myself and to share experiences.

I must say that I am quite a scientific person. After all, geological sciences is my passion since it is all about our home the Earth. However, I am spiritual as well - I believe in a soul and a realm where we go after we die because I feel that at least some objective evidence exists for these. I also find great power in personal experience as I am NOT one of those people who jumps to the conclusion that someone's mind has created that experience. I believe that there are certain ways to be in touch with the spiritual side of our world and I believe that there is scientific basis and possibility for its existence. I might also like to try "magick" and experience it for myself, but I also wish to learn about it and respect it more before I do so.

As I do not live on my own yet, I don't have as many opportunities to respect the Earth as I would otherwise. I keep trying to get my family to recycle and I do not have access to fuel efficient transportation - I'm big into cars, which makes me feel rather bad sometimes. I do love taking care of plants, especially of the desert variety which I am drawn to. I believe that I can have a spiritual connection with them. I am also drawn to snakes very much.

Lastly, I wanted to bring up a small discussion topic in addition to my previous bolded text. One of my first real neopagan experiences was when I was still contemplating the religion and it was a full moon. I felt drawn to the moon and I decided to pray to it and God / Goddess. As I stared at the moon and prayed, I felt what I can only describe as a rush of energy wash over me. Tonight was a full moon and I did not feel this as I prayed, but I became very emotional. Is it okay to pray to the moon? What was this energy?

Thank you to everyone.

-Cobra

Comment

Re: Hello all

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, it is perfectly fine to be monotheistic and pagan. Many pagans are, in fact

Third, there are many lunar goddesses and in some cultures the moon itself is considered a god/goddess/divine. Many say that it positively effects our emotional state and energy levels. So what you experienced is perfectly natural.

In regards to cars...... I have a jeep and I love it. I believe there is a time and place for everything. Using a car for a bit of fun in places designated to do so, fine. Using a car to get around town, fine. Driving a massive gas guzzling military grade beast because you have to compensate for something... not so fine. I'm also enjoying seeing the development of cars that get higher mpg and use other forms of fuel. It's amazing what we're coming up with.

Comment

Thank you for your insight. I'd be interested in knowing what else I could do in regards to the Moon spiritually. It's very alluring.

Ever since I was a kid I have been a big racing & car guy. I drive a 1997 Pontiac Trans Am, so it might be similar in MPG to your Jeep. It's a very enjoyable drive and I am rather proud of it. I wouldn't ever want to drive something like a Hummer or a Lamborghini LM002. I find those types of vehicles to be unnecessary.

Also, I noticed you are from Colorado. I have been there once and let me tell you, I loved it so much I wanted to do the roof in the interior of my car custom and place the Colorado state flag up there. However, I felt that I didn't have much of a right to since I don't live there.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Hello

I could bore you with details, but I'll try to keep it simple. I spent the first fifteen or so years of my life loosely in one religion. Twelve years later, I feel that it's not me choosing, but being chosen by this path. I see the golden rule in almost every religion, but nothing feels as natural and instinctual as where I am now. Before, I tried to be Pagan, but now I am doing what feels right. Yes, this is Fall, but it's been rather warm here lately. One thing I like to do is drive across town to the park, take a little hike, and overlook the city. I'm not sure how intros usually work around here, but I hope some sense can be made out of this.

Comment

Re: Hello

Welcome to the forums!
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Hello and welcome!! I iz Lil.

Comment

Hey I'm Lil, welcome to PF *hands a cup of tea* have a great stay!!

Comment

Hello

I am Ava from Australia. I new here and feel very happy to join this community.

Thanks.

Comment

My mother's from Berea, KY. Welcome to the forum! *hugs*
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              My mother's from Berea, KY. Welcome to the forum! *hugs*
                              I've wanted to live in Berea for years... it's a couple of hours from where I live but I have been several times and I'm just enchanted by that place.

Welcome, Cobra!

Comment

Welcome! I too was raised Baptist.

Comment

Working...
                                X