THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

The 'Am I Human?' question in the profile settings won't let me answer with 'I am a meat popsicle'. I feel that is a valid option under the circumstances :P
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
      The 'Am I Human?' question in the profile settings won't let me answer with 'I am a meat popsicle'. I feel that is a valid option under the circumstances :P
      If it makes you feel any better, it's a hidden field that no one will ever see anyway. I only added it just now because I'm trying a new tactic to combat the damn spammers. I may do away with it if it proves to be useless. :P

Edit: Also, DAMN WOMAN! That option hasn't even been there for 30 minutes. How did you find it so fast?!
      Nevermind. I know how you found it.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Perze, You know what. You may go ahead and use that answer. I've decided to bump it up to 30 characters. Unique answers like that certainly won't hurt my cause and who am I to deny you the pleasure of having fun with that question? (Do you think I should make that field visible to all users, even?)

Edit: This feels like such a one sided conversation. I've decided not to make it a hidden field. I want people to have fun with this, if they choose to, anyway. That, or I'll be getting a lot of hate mail. XD
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
          Perze, You know what. You may go ahead and use that answer. I've decided to bump it up to 30 characters. Unique answers like that certainly won't hurt my cause and who am I to deny you the pleasure of having fun with that question? (Do you think I should make that field visible to all users, even?)

Edit: This feels like such a one sided conversation. I've decided not to make it a hidden field. I want people to have fun with this, if they choose to, anyway. That, or I'll be getting a lot of hate mail. XD

Happy to serve as a sounding board. You totally made my day Rant resolved.

Comment

Hate hate hate hate,Whine whine whine whine....Spam spam spam spam spam..Sam I am....Fun fun fun fun fun,aghhh I think I hurt my typing finger...whine!!!!!
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
              Let her know I shall burn two flags and kill three infidels to defend her honor.
              I told her to make sure she was going towards a religion and not running from one. She's decided to give the hijabi another go tomorrow. I hope it goes well for her.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ugh job hunting sucks. There are so few entry level positions in what I want to do, and unfortunately this country doesn't operate on the "any experience is good experience" principle. So, I have to somehow get on my proper career path, but it's so hard to start! Meanwhile, there are tons of internships in what I'm doing now (content writing/editiorial) but I've been doing that for years and I just don't feel willing to be paid 400-500 Euros a month full-time for it. But there's nothing in THAT beyond internships (and I don't really want to do it as my career, but I'm looking into expanding my options). ARG.

Comment

No, please, ask away. We don't mind sitting down and typing out a whole two episodes of a crappy anime into romaji so you and your sister can fandub it from Japanese to Japanese. Of course this isn't a problem. It is for things like this that I study the language. While you're here, why don't you ask me to write something in kanji so you can tattoo your ass, or why not demand that we 'teach you all of Japanese now', and then get pissy when we tell you that hard study is genuinely the only way to learn a language.

There is nothing like participating in another forum, to make one appreciate how civilized Pagan Forum is, even if we are a teeny bit bonkers sometimes.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Bonkers,bonkers,we don't got to show you any stinking bonkers....(Can you tell I am a Bogart Fan)
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

When I came in, I told you not to let K post cash. It seemed understood that K would pass any cash-paying guest on to a different clerk. I even picked up a bank & stood next to him so he'd have someone to pass cash to. I understand, you don't want to embarrass him or anything, don't want to make it a big hairy deal... but...

Why did you let K post cash, knowing he has issues with money, and the system was going offline for maintenance?

K's cash was wrong. Of course it was. What did you expect? Are you seriously that insane to expect a different outcome this time?

All of my coworkers are retarded, each in their own very special ways.

Comment

I need a week off from work
                        I will take the third week in October off from work
                        why am I off the second week in october
                        why does it matter what vacation time the girls you FIRED wanted
                        can I have my days please?

My boss is a moron and I really need a new job, he can go eff up someone elses vacation!
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My obscenity filter keeps me from posting as much as I'd like to!

I'm reading. I'm browsing and listening. I just don't DARE open my cake hole, for fear of disrupting the forum(s) tranquility! I just want to rock the boat "a LITTLE"!!

Solved, rather. Too many people suffering too many abuses for no purpose!

You're welcome.
                          Last edited by ChainLightning; 09 Oct 2012, 17:18.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Tolerance is such a gift. I guess not everyone has evolved enough to understand the manual yet.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I agree with the Oatmeal...Printers are sent from hell to make us miserable!

I don't understand why HP, Canon, and the like disrespect their customers so much. How stupid do they think we are? I can't print a black and white document because I'm out of Magenta? I'm out of ink, when I'm clearly printing black (back in the day, it still printed when you were out of ink, and it just went more and more grey until it didn't print at all). I hacked it, so it will print like it did in the good old days, but it's causing the printer to occasionally say I'm out of ink when I'm not. So I have to keep reloading the cartridge. Still better than having to buy ink when I'm not out though. I'm smarter than you, HP.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                I agree with the Oatmeal...Printers are sent from hell to make us miserable!

I don't understand why HP, Canon, and the like disrespect their customers so much. How stupid do they think we are? I can't print a black and white document because I'm out of Magenta? I'm out of ink, when I'm clearly printing black (back in the day, it still printed when you were out of ink, and it just went more and more grey until it didn't print at all). I hacked it, so it will print like it did in the good old days, but it's causing the printer to occasionally say I'm out of ink when I'm not. So I have to keep reloading the cartridge. Still better than having to buy ink when I'm not out though. I'm smarter than you, HP.
                                DanieMarie, I am so with you on that.

I'll be working on something that HAS to be ready for tomorrow, and, at the last minute, the printer will refuse to print because there's no color... but I only need black!

It's an hour drive to town and back to buy one... Usually late at night...

Current rant -

I spent 4 hours working with a client to make a sale that would net me about $5 in profit, then she backed out. Sometimes it does not pay to be nice to people, but that's busines, and when you're a little guy, it NEVER pays not to be nice to people.

Always buy from the little guys, when you can.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X