THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Im so hungover, drained and tired if I blink twice in a row I might die.

A chart of how Guinness made me a hatefull steriotype:

Arthurs day marketing thing by guinness - pint after work - trad music.
    Hot girl - more pints - scene missing - bed.
    Dying - breakfast missing - maids uniform - lunch missing - might actually die.

Never again. Im loosing my 'not a paddy' credentials. Arthurs day is a blank on my calendar from now on.

Comment

I had a male customer whine AT me for about 20 minutes. Just would not shut the hell up. I finally looked at him and said " You really are whining too much today".

He promptly shut the hell up.

I guess I embarrassed him.

Finally.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think I injured a muscle. It's now painful to extend my left arm.
        [4:82]

Comment

I'm wondering why so many authors on Celtic matters, go to such effort to sound like pretentious pricks. What they consider a poetic, intellectual style, simply makes their work seem boring, like reading some of the early biology books at uni, or worse, renders their research unintelligible. The problem with such pretentious flowery language, is that many of these words are poorly defined in meaning, which is fine, in POETRY, where the observer is involved in the creative process due to their own individual interpretation of the words. In a book meant as FACTUAL, I want facts. I want facts now, I want them comprehensible and I want them to the flaming point. Let me learn about these Celtic beliefs AS THEY WERE, and let the poetry happen inside me, between my spirit and my deities.

I understand that many of my fellow pagans have a passion and hunger for history and revel in uncovering the secrets of the past. I'm not one of those pagans however. I don't get a kick out of watching Iron Age style fantasy movies. I don't plan to ever run around a field with a plastic sword and I'll save WOW for when I develop a skin condition that prevents me from being able to leave the house in daylight. Heck, I can't even name my great grandparents: that's way further back than I care to think about. I simply wish to understand my deities NOW, and what they might desire from me. Unfortunately this means reading through all this myth and legend stuff. Can't I just get the speed version? No offense meant to those who enjoy that history stuff, I'm sure there are plenty people who headdesk when I start waffling on about linguistics. History is important, in it's way, but although it most certainly affected the life I know, my life doesn't depend on me caring about that history. I most certainly get sick of the sly hints on some recon sites, that pagans who don't know all the historical facts, are somehow lesser pagans. That's like me saying, 'what? You've no interest in foreign languages? You must be so spiritually retarded'.

Okay, rant over. I'm just bored to tears by my quest to learn about my gods. Maybe I should accept this aint for me and just believe what my heart tells me to believe. Stuff the Brythons! I just hope Brig and Breg don't expect me to convert to reconstruction. I'm not the type and if they expect me to introduce myself as 'Jemma of Preston Village, Daughter of Heather of Shields, Daughter of... Erm. Is 'Gran' a Name?' Because they can forget it!
          Last edited by Jembru; 30 Sep 2012, 16:00.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            I'm wondering why so many authors on Celtic matters, go to such effort to sound like pretentious pricks.
            I know what you mean. Its a waste of time them even publishing stuff. Ive seen one or two books that couldnt get published because they were so BORING.

If you want I can try and find a few articles on continental brig? Atleast if theyre hard to read their peer reviewed and are worth reading.

The only thing that id have at the moment that would relate wouldnt be directly about continental brigid stuff but I could root somethin out if youre interested.
            Sovereignty Aspects in the Roles of Women in Medieval Irish and Welsh Society

Comment

Oh cool, thanks for that. I actually never thought to focus on the reviews if the main text is so yawn. In the defwnce of the one that triggered my rant, it WAS written in 1911!

I did have an idea though.. I thought.. wait, this is rants. To the Celtic section I go...

To keep this on topic; I saw a vid of myself from before I lost my body confidents, again. Thought I'd be all 'eugh, fat'. Actually, although I clearly have a solid frame, I still kinda look petit. I look cute because of my rounder face too. I saw a stick thin girl in the supermarket, standing before the doritos with a hauntingly familiar pain and sadness in her eyes. What on Earth makes some women think this is how we must live to be liked and accepted by others?

I don't want to be a vacuous brat anymore. How long before dysmorphia slips into full-blown eating disorder again? Gonna make getting a healthier body image, next years new years resolution. If I put a fraction of the effort in, that I'm puttin into this year's, I'll be 9 stone by March!

Anyway.. to the Celtic forums...
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I can't believe the amount of paper work I have to do. And people seem to be so slow. I've started doing this since the beginning of September and I'm no way near to being done with this.

Sometimes I wish murder was OK. Not because I want to kill anyone, but because I want to threaten them and have them finish my paper work faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  I can't believe the amount of paper work I have to do. And people seem to be so slow. I've started doing this since the beginning of September and I'm no way near to being done with this.

Sometimes I wish murder was OK. Not because I want to kill anyone, but because I want to threaten them and have them finish my paper work faster.
                  You're the only person I know of who has ever said anything like this....

If murder was legal, this hospital would be alot less safe. Because I would never have managed to develop the huge pile of pretend patience I currently have. Yep, The resident Nun says I have the patience of a saint and SHE does'nt know how I do it... I think its running low though...
                  Last edited by Maria de Luna; 01 Oct 2012, 06:12.
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Hello fellow alternative religion practicing humans! Has anybody here ascended to a higher state of conciousness? If so tell me how! "Normal" human life seems so pointess.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      You're the only person I know of who has ever said anything like this....

If murder was legal, this hospital would be alot less safe. Because I would never have managed to develop the huge pile of pretend patience I currently have. Yep, The resident Nun says I have the patience of a saint and SHE does'nt know how I do it... I think its running low though...
                      Uhoh, I created a monster!

It's just so frustrating and I want to get it over with already. And with me feeling anxious it isn't getting any easier.

Comment

It's currently 104 degrees.
                        It's currently OCTOBER. You know fall?
                        It's currently 4:14pm.

WTH is wrong with my state?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                          Change your theme?

Thanks, I'll try that. The purple is driving me nuts(Hold your tongue Corbin).

OK stupid me .........ah how do I do this?
                          Last edited by Monk; 01 Oct 2012, 15:37.
                          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                            Thanks, I'll try that. The purple is driving me nuts(Hold your tongue Corbin).

OK stupid me .........ah how do I do this?
                            On the bottom left, there should be a drop down menu that lets you select themes. Mint is the default theme. I personally use the vB4 Business one because I like the blue and it makes the purple names a tad bit easier to read. Although, I suppose I could play around with the color chart and find a more vivid purple.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                              On the bottom left, there should be a drop down menu that lets you select themes. Mint is the default theme. I personally use the vB4 Business one because I like the blue and it makes the purple names a tad bit easier to read. Although, I suppose I could play around with the color chart and find a more vivid purple.
                              OK thanks I'll have to mess with it some more later.
                              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                                OK thanks I'll have to mess with it some more later.

Though the white-on-black is hard on the eyes, too, I finally went with the Pixel Space theme. Our new software doesn't have a lot of fun options like the old one did.

Gah!! I really do miss those themes: Warcraft (both of them), Pagan, Musiconica, Blacklight Poster... just to name a few.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X