Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I drove six hours today to pee in a bottle and have someone tell me that I don't do drugs.

Gorgeous day, and it was nice to visit a town with a Walmart, but...

So. Much. Driving.
    I really wished we lived closer. I would be your chauffeur. (I love to drive)

My rant: The website said the class started at 6:30. I get there early - or so I thought. Turns out, the class started at 5:30 and what I thought was the warm-up was actually the cool-down. FML
    Swam for 30 minutes anyway and then sat in the steam room.
    Note to self, wait a few more minutes next time before going out of the pool and directly into the steam room. My lungs feel exhausted.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I despise mammograms and going through all this b.s. again. I think after this next round of testing I may just quit. Sometimes their tests do more harm than good. (Had a biopsy some years back, all clear, but of course I'm left with scar tissue that now obstructs views and gives me cysts all the time, which leads to extra mammo's, etc. which makes me nervous because you just never know....)
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        I really wished we lived closer. I would be your chauffeur. (I love to drive)
        We have been saying that since a time when I lived much, much closer, lol.

I don't mind driving, but I'm just not experienced at long trips yet. The most I've done on my own before this is two hours. I've been on roadtrips, but only with other people, where you can switch every hour.

Mostly art.

Comment

I hate to drive, I grew up overseas and it was important for our safety to have a chauffeur. So I never drove and just got used to being driven about. I loved it!

- - - Updated - - -

My rant today is MAN COLDS....or rather HUSBAND MAN COLDS, nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            I despise mammograms and going through all this b.s. again. I think after this next round of testing I may just quit. Sometimes their tests do more harm than good. (Had a biopsy some years back, all clear, but of course I'm left with scar tissue that now obstructs views and gives me cysts all the time, which leads to extra mammo's, etc. which makes me nervous because you just never know....)

Back when my ex-wife was going through her second battle with breast cancer, we/she happened upon an article (I wish I could remember where!!) that indicated that sometimes, not often, mammo's themselves have initiated an atypical 'growth' (from normal cell renewal, one starts out mutated). After she got a couple years out, and got the "all clear", she stopped going for the 6-month, and then the annual, check-ups. No more mammo's!

It had to have been a guy that invented a machine to make dinnerware out of breasts.

I can't imagine a woman saying, "I want to try and make a machine that'll squish these into the shape of a plate or platter. That'll be cool! A couple of plates sticking out of my chest!"

-----------------------------------

My rant: SSDD! I wish I could get a friggin TRADE-IN on these useless goddamn legs!!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              Back when my ex-wife was going through her second battle with breast cancer, we/she happened upon an article (I wish I could remember where!!) that indicated that sometimes, not often, mammo's themselves have initiated an atypical 'growth' (from normal cell renewal, one starts out mutated). After she got a couple years out, and got the "all clear", she stopped going for the 6-month, and then the annual, check-ups. No more mammo's!

It had to have been a guy that invented a machine to make dinnerware out of breasts.

I can't imagine a woman saying, "I want to try and make a machine that'll squish these into the shape of a plate or platter. That'll be cool! A couple of plates sticking out of my chest!"

-----------------------------------

My rant: SSDD! I wish I could get a friggin TRADE-IN on these useless goddamn legs!!!
              I could rant up a riot on medical over-testing.....If this comes out OK I am really thinking about never going back. And if they try & talk me into any kind of biopsy, I'm walking. I have scar tissue. I have cysts. That's all, folks!

A few years back I had a uterine artery embolization for fibroids. Had a 6 month follow up MRI. They said it all looked great BUT they saw a spot on my hipbone and I should get an x-ray. Did that. They said it's inconclusive & I should get a cat scan. I said, if it's a bone cyst it will go away, and if it's bone cancer it will soon begin to hurt, in which case I'll call. In the meantime scan my neighbor's cat. See ya! LOL
              sigpic

Comment

That's consistent, at least. It's a bit like them saying, "There HAS to be a problem, here! We'll find it, eventually."

Reminds me of all the hullabaloo over FSD, the make-believe disease, and companies scrambling for "the cure".

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Or, Let's fix what's not broken, because fixing's how we make our money!
                  sigpic

Comment

Damn straight, Hawk!

Biggest money maker? Convincing people that there's something wrong with them, when there isn't a damn thing wrong!

Uhoh. I feel a tirade coming on. Must lie down and close my eyes. Maybe it'll go away.

Comment

Why can't this dog get a break?

Fuuuuuu....
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                        Why can't this dog get a break?

Fuuuuuu....

NO!! Another CCL???

Comment

Uhoh. I feel a tirade coming on. Must lie down and close my eyes. Maybe it'll go away.
                          Nah....it will grow and expand LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

NO!! Another CCL???
                            Yup. Vet actually made a housecall so she wouldn't have to get all stressed by the trip to the office. She's got the 'drawer' sign, and he said the cartilage is torn worse than her other knee - you can feel it moving around in there. I thought the loud clicky noise was coming from the surgery side.

How in the heck is she going to walk w/two knee surgeries?

/headdesk /headdesk /headdesk
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              Yup. Vet actually made a housecall so she wouldn't have to get all stressed by the trip to the office. She's got the 'drawer' sign, and he said the cartilage is torn worse than her other knee - you can feel it moving around in there. I thought the loud clicky noise was coming from the surgery side.

How in the heck is she going to walk w/two knee surgeries?

/headdesk /headdesk /headdesk

My, oh my, oh my! That's some seriously frustrating news. I'm so sorry, Perze! I feel the stress levels go through the roof, now!

Gah!!

Oh, Hawk? Yup. every time. I just didn't wanna post it since I had something else on my mind. Rare event. And it's noted on my calendar: I ignored a wonderful rant subject so that I could do something else.

:::shakes head::: they need to medicate me, I swear!

Comment

It must be lovely for my mother in-law not to have to go to bed before midnight, but the bitch could be ever so slightly quieter about being up so late. I have no real need to hear her up in the kitchen cackling and watching television until all hours of the morning. While the hubby maybe able to sleep through this hurricane of a woman, I cannot, and I miss sleep...
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X