THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I hate roleplayers. Even the older ones make their characters ridiculously OP, and then I look bad as a true writer.

"She can make the Death Star in 5 minutes and weaponize it in 3. She does have a drone armanda/body consisting of thousands of Nexus Controls, each with the capacity to control hundreds of thousands of drones of various types, makes, models, designs, and power types, all part of her centralized nexus core in which is a nearly 15 mile tall hyper complex machine."

I hope she deep-throats a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      With all due respect, Mr. President, I always lock my car doors. I always clutch my purse tightly in public. That's common sense to me, around strangers of any gender, race, etc. I do not discriminate.

Did Obama say something stupid?
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
        Did Obama say something stupid?
        Not stupid, just incorrect, at least for me. He said that people locked their car doors when they saw an African American male, etc., etc. For me, that's not race-based behavior. I guess it is for some, which is sad.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          Not stupid, just incorrect, at least for me. He said that people locked their car doors when they saw an African American male, etc., etc. For me, that's not race-based behavior. I guess it is for some, which is sad.
          I agree with you though, never leave your car door unlocked, no matter who is around, black or white makes no difference. This all goes back to people turning to race too soon, the only way to eliminate discrimination is to stop looking at people as black white asian etc. and just look at them as people.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
            I hate roleplayers. Even the older ones make their characters ridiculously OP, and then I look bad as a true writer.

"She can make the Death Star in 5 minutes and weaponize it in 3. She does have a drone armanda/body consisting of thousands of Nexus Controls, each with the capacity to control hundreds of thousands of drones of various types, makes, models, designs, and power types, all part of her centralized nexus core in which is a nearly 15 mile tall hyper complex machine."

This is when the GameMaster needs to either tell the player they can't use that character, or to make their opponents even more OP.

I generally go with the first option.
            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
              This is when the GameMaster needs to either tell the player they can't use that character, or to make their opponents even more OP.

I generally go with the first option.
              I don't do group roleplaying anymore. I'd die. I do one-on-ones. Thankfully, I'm not roleplaying with this individual She's 'bragging' or trying to impress me with her character. She's a friend of a friend.

Heh, If I were to make an OP character... "Mine farts Universes."

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post

There are good role players and bad role players

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic discord View Post
                  There are good role players and bad role players
                  Mostly bad, I'm seeing xD

Comment

Most bad role players can be trained into being better by a good GM/ST, but there are few who cant.
                    Its a cultural thing too, really does depend on age/location of the players. Some people just want to "get loot and be teh awesome" and show off.

Comment

anyone can make an OP character. Its easy. I could hack one out right now off the top of my head. its much harder to make a real character whose stats reflect a personality.

There are a lot of good roleplayers, it really does depend a lot of GM training though. If you start em' right...
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Okay, who's the clever d*ck that decided to put me down for a day shift without even asking me if I could do it? Well whoever it was, they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine (my boss is on annual leave, so it sure wasn't him: this was a colleague trying to be a smart-ass). I thought everyone around here knew I didn't complain about being made to work on my birthday, because I'm having a party on the following night instead. So why has someone put me down for a 10pm finish that day..

Cheeky sods.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

What's worse then having a tummy ache? Being Diabetic and having a tummy ache? Nope. Being Diabetic, having a tummy ache and being low blood sugar. I just sat in the grocery parking lot cramming two nectarines down my mouth. I feel crappy. Universe gimme a break.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oh gods. My brain hurts. Ow.

The EM spectrum:

<----radio waves----microwaves---infrared---visible light---UV light---soft xrays---hard xrays---gamma rays--->
                            <----------------------------------------------non-ionizing radiation}{ionizing radiation-------------------------->

Peoples of the interwebz: Your microwave is not OMG the evilz radiation. In fact, it is at the opposite end of the spectrum from OMG the evilz radiation.

Please stop promulgating bad science.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

My vet is out of town, so I have to attempt an iodine wound flush on a large squirmy dog myself.

/cries pitiously
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                Oh gods. My brain hurts. Ow.

The EM spectrum:

<----radio waves----microwaves---infrared---visible light---UV light---soft xrays---hard xrays---gamma rays--->
                                <----------------------------------------------non-ionizing radiation}{ionizing radiation-------------------------->

Peoples of the interwebz: Your microwave is not OMG the evilz radiation. In fact, it is at the opposite end of the spectrum from OMG the evilz radiation.

Please stop promulgating bad science.
                                Are there any real reasons not to use a microwave? Just out of curiosity. Like.. does it break down protein different of something?
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X