Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    I still can't over this. I can understand a whole pay period getting through, without reflecting the pay raise. But months?!? I'm leaning away from "mistake" and headlong into "incompetence", on somebody's part, there. I can't imagine a single circumstance that a BUNCH of pay periods are all missing the wage increase. Someone, somewhere up that food chain, is holding it up, it seems to me. I'd be way to eager to locate that one person and bend their ear...

...right off their head.
    Yep, I was livid. I told my immediate supervisor that if she didn't call them, and I had to, I wouldn't be able to be very professional about it all by this point. So she called and her boss said she is looking into it, but I've been told that before and I'll believe it when I see it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
      Yep, I was livid. I told my immediate supervisor that if she didn't call them, and I had to, I wouldn't be able to be very professional about it all by this point. So she called and her boss said she is looking into it, but I've been told that before and I'll believe it when I see it...
      Document every conversation, who/when/where/what time.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Document every conversation, who/when/where/what time.
        Oh I have that, and I have a few witnesses who are more than willing to stand behind me to get it done (luckily). I've already had two district managers verify that they have copies of the form that was faxed to HR to implement those changes and they have copies of the receipt stating that it was faxed; so I'm 98% sure it's a case of HR misplacing it, losing it, or completely forgetting/ignoring it.

It's always something... always always. Gods forbid something works out the way it's supposed to, when it's supposed to, without me having to hunt down and interrogate the people responsible...

Comment

I don't feel good today. In fact, I quite feel like shit.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Last week strep, this week URI.

Round two of antibiotics, and now...I'm headed for a nap.
            I had strep last week too! YAY! STREP BUDDIES!

Sorry to hear the immune system still isn't working though
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

So, let me preface with the fact that I don't really eat fried foods anymore. They give me tummy aches, being Diabetic. Well we went to the beach today. I got into the water. That part was great! Swam in the ocean with the dogs! Then laid out on the beach and dried off. Then we went to this restaurant. This is what I nibbled on *I didn't actually eat very much:
              ~fried dill pickles in the lightest, flakiest tempura batter. Sweet potato fries with pumpkin sauce. And to top it off? bacon, macaroni and cheese fried balls.

Then with desert I shared brownie with candied bacon.

I haz a tummy ache.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                Why am I, at 40, just now learning about the Nachthexen? These women were incredible.

I really hate my high school and Associate's level education. I am constantly reminded of the things that I don't even know existed. I know there's only so much that can be packed into a few semesters of school, but damn. And since I don't know that I don't know about these things, unless someone posts something online where I go, I'll never know that I don't know about these things. I should have learned about them when I was like, 10. My dad never even mentioned them, and he was full of wartime anecdotes.
                I didn't know about them eitehr until I was in my twenties and I'm European for crying out loud. All history education from 6-8 grade seemed to be made up exclusively of WWII and its aftermath, and yet these women were never mentioned. The only flyers we ever heard of were the RAF.

But then there have been female warriors in just about any war in human history, yet they are so rarely mentioned. Like the fact that women, actual real women, partisipated in the the American civil war. As regular soldiers. They did so against all rules and regulations, and if they were found out they were thrown out in disgrace, but many went to fight alongside their husbands or brothers. Most fought for the North States but there were some for the Confederacy too and there weren't a lot of them but they were there.
                I wonder how many American history books have that little fact?
                Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

My dog has a begging problem. She has this problem because the girl I stole rescued her from used to, among other things, set dirty plates on the floor for the dog to eat from. It's clear that she will never be completely broken of begging, but I manage to get her down to a minimum by showing her that begging isn't acceptable and that she won't be getting any human food. Therefore, it really tweaks my melon when people feed her. I have to explain all the time that she has a begging problem, please don't do that. "But she's just so cute!" I know she is, but that doesn't give you the right to mistreat my dog, asshat! Because of asshats like you she's now doing things like snatching chicken legs out of people's hands! Do you not see the error of your ways?!
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                    My dog has a begging problem. She has this problem because the girl I stole rescued her from used to, among other things, set dirty plates on the floor for the dog to eat from. It's clear that she will never be completely broken of begging, but I manage to get her down to a minimum by showing her that begging isn't acceptable and that she won't be getting any human food. Therefore, it really tweaks my melon when people feed her. I have to explain all the time that she has a begging problem, please don't do that. "But she's just so cute!" I know she is, but that doesn't give you the right to mistreat my dog, asshat! Because of asshats like you she's now doing things like snatching chicken legs out of people's hands! Do you not see the error of your ways?!
                    Me & the hubby don't let anyone at all feed our dog except us. For one, it prevents problems like what you're experiencing. Food aggression at all levels is so instinctive for dogs and therefore even harder to manage than other doggy behaviors. The other thing it prevents is poisoning attempts. If someone wants to give Chelsie a treat, we ask the person to give one of us the treat and we hand it to her (especially the mother-in-law - she thinks it's perfectly ok to feed dogs chocolate). People do get upset (which irritates me, just like people who think it's perfectly ok to rush up to a strange dog and force affection on them - that's a damned good way to get bitten), and sometimes we have to be pretty forceful about not letting other people slip her goodies, but it's worth keeping her safe and well-mannered.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Me & the hubby don't let anyone at all feed our dog except us. For one, it prevents problems like what you're experiencing. Food aggression at all levels is so instinctive for dogs and therefore even harder to manage than other doggy behaviors. The other thing it prevents is poisoning attempts. If someone wants to give Chelsie a treat, we ask the person to give one of us the treat and we hand it to her (especially the mother-in-law - she thinks it's perfectly ok to feed dogs chocolate). People do get upset (which irritates me, just like people who think it's perfectly ok to rush up to a strange dog and force affection on them - that's a damned good way to get bitten), and sometimes we have to be pretty forceful about not letting other people slip her goodies, but it's worth keeping her safe and well-mannered.
                      That's probably what I'm gonna have to do. I have let people give her dog treats before, but that's probably not good. And yeah, people are probably gonna act offended, because it's so "mean" when you don't let people treat dogs like stuffed toys.
                      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

That's probably what I'm gonna have to do. I have let people give her dog treats before, but that's probably not good. And yeah, people are probably gonna act offended, because it's so "mean" when you don't let people treat dogs like stuffed toys.
                        I know - I always want to run up to people's babies and give them stuff, too, but their parents always get so defensive!
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Back when I had a dog, years ago, I also had the problem of people wanting to feed her and getting really offended when I said that I was the only one who could do so. Then I just told them that she was working as a guard dog for the National Bank and she was only trained to take food from very few people and would bite anyone else who tried to give her any, so it was for their own safety. This was told with a perfectly straight face, but I was still amazed at the number of people who believed me.

I know - I always want to run up to people's babies and give them stuff, too, but their parents always get so defensive!
                          Yeah, parents are sooo odd. Lol.
                          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I totally completed that fafsa, and sent in a second bout of documents, months ago... why the hell am I getting automated messages saying that it's not completed... wtf?! It's done! >.< Always effing something! grrrrrr

Comment

I'm bout to go postal on a chinese take out place here in Texas. Seriously-when someone walks in with crutches, and after being asked what's wrong they tell you that they spent 5 hours in the emergency room for back and hip problems-LAUGHING AT THEM IS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER. Especially if you're already on thin ice with said employee.
                              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                                I'm bout to go postal on a chinese take out place here in Texas. Seriously-when someone walks in with crutches, and after being asked what's wrong they tell you that they spent 5 hours in the emergency room for back and hip problems-LAUGHING AT THEM IS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER. Especially if you're already on thin ice with said employee.
                                Wut? Sounds like a managerial complaint situation...

Comment

Working...
                                X