Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

^You're not alone.

I officially self-diagnose myself with Shift Work Sleep Disorder. My first name freaking means sunlight; I do not wish to be deprived of it.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      My girl scout troop camped, tied knots, and baked--on a campfire.

My momma was an awesome leader.
      We did not... We sat in the school cafeteria and drew pictures and sold cookies.... It was not horribly fun...

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes we went to old people homes.... We had dances at them, for the old folks.... I learned to cook over a fire and go camping in bible camp...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The looong work week is over. A day off tomorrow. I'll probably spend it dead.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I kinda miss the Friday celebration thing from when I worked...It was always TGIF but now its just another day in my retirement....Hurry up and retire Duce, so we can be bored together.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            I kinda miss the Friday celebration thing from when I worked...It was always TGIF but now its just another day in my retirement....Hurry up and retire Duce, so we can be bored together.
            I wish weekends meant something to me. My nights off are Mondays and Tuesdays, so Sunday is my Friday. Only the sole female who works with us has the pleasure of her nights off being Saturdays and Sundays. This week, however, I have to work on Monday because the bossman is gonna be there and wants everyone to come. Supposedly I can trade for Thursday, but we'll see.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Had a birthday party.
              Numerous friends come over.
              One of them buys some salvia from a local smoke shop and drops by with it. We will call her friend A.
              Friend A takes an enormous bong rip of salvia.
              She trips major balls and tries taking her shirt off while babbling about how she needs one with less "thing".
              None of us understand her and try to keep her from taking her shirt off because men are present and we don't want her to be embarrassed when she comes to.
              She gets angry as she sobers up because we did not understand her incoherent babble.
              Apparently she felt like she was choking and wanted to change shirts because the collar on hers was too tight.
              This is somehow our fault.
              She sobers up and goes home after much whining.
              Today, instead of waking up and accepting that she was having a bad trip and we couldn't do much to help, she posts a rant on facebook about how we are all "bad friends" because we just "sat around and stared" at her like she was "crazy".
              Actually, we were calmly trying to talk her through it and stop her from doing something regretful, which is just about all you can do if someone is having a bad trip.
              Sure, we were laughing a little at the beginning, because we had no goddamn idea what was going on in her head and she was just rolling around babbling.
              She painted herself up to be such a victim in her facebook post, pointing out that she was epileptic which is irrelevant because she wasn't having a seizure. She was having a bad trip. If she is that worried that psychedelics might trigger her seizures, she needs to be an adult and not take them. We aren't her parents.
              Nonetheless, if she was having a medical emergency we would have leapt to action, but she wasn't.
              This is probably why she always wines about how nobody wants to hang out with her.
              I hadn't seen her in a while.
              I think I might like to keep it that way this time.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                Had a birthday party.
                Numerous friends come over.
                One of them buys some salvia from a local smoke shop and drops by with it. We will call her friend A.
                Friend A takes an enormous bong rip of salvia...
                Yeah, you gotta cut that off. Whiny "victims" who can't handle their own ass? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Maybe the solution is just not do drugs? If she hadn't done it she wouldn't have to deal with the problems it caused.

On a similar note, my brother is going to rehab for the second time. I guess it's an outpatient kind or something. Maybe the withdrawal will kill him.
                  Circe

Comment

But everyone does "drugs" of some sort; I for example just had a nice cup of half-milk half-coffee. Anyway, people get themselves and their families in truckloads of problems with being immoderate with drug use, like, really, doing cocaine is just a plain bad idea when there's a plethora of entheogenic holy plants that can throw you into the spirit world. Some people I know are having problems with cocaine, seriously, it makes me so sad to see young people wasting their lives with stuff like that.

Comment

I'd rather deal with some twit like that whining afterwords of a bad trip than what just happened to me last night when someone lit up a joint. Missed my favorite band that I drove 180 miles to and about had paramedics called because I went into anaphylaxis shock from being allergic to it
                      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                        I'd rather deal with some twit like that whining afterwords of a bad trip than what just happened to me last night when someone lit up a joint. Missed my favorite band that I drove 180 miles to and about had paramedics called because I went into anaphylaxis shock from being allergic to it
                        Awe man, that's terrible, Yorin So sorry you had to go through that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
                        But everyone does "drugs" of some sort; I for example just had a nice cup of half-milk half-coffee. Anyway, people get themselves and their families in truckloads of problems with being immoderate with drug use, like, really, doing cocaine is just a plain bad idea when there's a plethora of entheogenic holy plants that can throw you into the spirit world. Some people I know are having problems with cocaine, seriously, it makes me so sad to see young people wasting their lives with stuff like that.
                        True, Ektor, but I think that Corvus does make a point. Maybe entheogens just aren't for her, and she needs to realize that and stop taking them all together.

Comment

Well, she's allergic to marijuana, it's a totally different story. But in all manners I agree that while it answers my spiriual needs, other people are on different paths and are satisfied by different things, all power to them!

Comment

My boss has just asked me to work not only Monday, but Monday and Tuesday, which are normally my nights off. Okay, dammit, I don't mind working a week straight, but Philip arrives Tuesday evening, which is why I asked for Wednesday off in the first place. I really, really, REALLY don't want to meet him at the airport and then go to work two hours later. Why is everyone doing their best to spoil this visit?
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

I had to waste my last day of holiday on doing a Poetry exam in school with my whole class.... -__-
                              What kind of holiday is it?
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
                                Well, she's allergic to marijuana, it's a totally different story. But in all manners I agree that while it answers my spiriual needs, other people are on different paths and are satisfied by different things, all power to them!
                                Totally not the friend she was referring to-just in case that was confusing anyone lol
                                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X