• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I iz hungee. :=(:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Today and tomorrow are the last days I can eat sugar until Easter!

*preps for Lent by cramming sugar down her throat*

Mostly art.

Comment

I feel like such a mess

Comment

I come up for air once every few days. Being unable to walk has been really close to making me suicidal again.

And the closest thing to a narcotic, that I have, is Ultram. I think my doc is paranoid, he set me up with another ortho, mri business and a pain clinic. But no hydros, -ocets or nuthin'.

So, how about something for the bed sores, since I can't get up to go ANYWHERE?

People with gerbil testes for brains annoy me greatly!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

It's 7:45 and my roommate is running a bath in her jacuzzi. I have to shower in the next 5-10 minutes for work, and guess who's either not going to have water pressure, or hot water?

Yep. Oh good.

(her jacuzzi = the size of our hot water tank) we can have three or four showers out of it, or she can have ONE fucking bath.

Mostly art.

Comment

Flamethrowers remain valid instruments for expressing disapproval ...
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                Today man came in with his wife to the tool place. Yelling at me he just bought an item and it was used. I said no problem, grab another one and I'll take care of you right now *letting him just cut through the line* He continued to yell at me. He said we were sealing up the product used and selling it. I said that's from the factory. It was sealed and somebody made a mistake up there. I'll exchange it for you. No problem. He's still yelling at me. Saying I did it. I told him we don't have the time to open up all the products, use them and seal them back up. But whatever. I got him another one. We opened it. It was fine. I said have a nice day. Sorry about the inconvenience. He leaves. His wife wants to know if we can give her some money back. Or some coupons. I said I can't. All I can do is exchange or give you a refund. She says well it was an inconvenience to drive back here (is she driving from the fucking desert?) and she didn't like it. So I dead panned her and said (I swear on my mother's grave) Well I don't like being yelled at. It was an inconvenience to me. So we are even. She looked so embarrassed. She said I know, my husband was just really mad (shrugging her shoulders). She left.:=I:
                I wish I could use that.

Comment

Today someone wanted to return something without a receipt. I calmly explained I couldn't take it back. And then I smiled. And waited. He stared at me. I stared at him. He looked behind me.
                  Him: Is she a manager?
                  Me: Nope. I'm a manager. I'm her boss.
                  Him: oh.

And then he left.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I left my cashmere and wool sweaters out to dry because they have to dry flat. My BF then put them back in the DIRTY wash, along with a bunch of damp rags and seriously dirty mop heads. Now they smell like must. BUT they're really hard to wash and each time you wash them, they wear down a bit more. I guess I'll just have to air them out with some baking soda?

I'm seriously weird about fabric and I've told him a million times not to wash, touch, or do anything with my clothing or fabric, but it doesn't seem to set in. He washes things in a way that makes them look like crap within 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Today someone wanted to return something without a receipt. I calmly explained I couldn't take it back. And then I smiled. And waited. He stared at me. I stared at him. He looked behind me.
                      Him: Is she a manager?
                      Me: Nope. I'm a manager. I'm her boss.
                      Him: oh.

And then he left.

I really really don't miss being a manager, kudos to you!

Comment

So, today my Spanish professor had a short cultural tangent about saints. He talked about Saint Patrick and theorized that the snakes Saint Patrick eliminated from Ireland actually meant pagans.

Well, every day I wear a hat with a golden cobra on it, and I tipped it to him then.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra View Post
                          So, today my Spanish professor had a short cultural tangent about saints. He talked about Saint Patrick and theorized that the snakes Saint Patrick eliminated from Ireland actually meant pagans.

Well, every day I wear a hat with a golden cobra on it, and I tipped it to him then.
                          That's a pretty popular theory, though it's mostly hyperbole, intended to make St. Pat look like more of a bad ass than he really was.

Comment

So, two people are getting the axe at work - the supervisor who doesn't show up whenever he doesn't feel like it, which is often, and the newest crew member who is a jerk to everyone and as of late hasn't been showing up. However, as our boss scrambles to find new hires, we are required to relinquish our days off until replacements are found. Just in time for Philip to be flying in for a visit next Tuesday. Also, I lost Philip's class ring, which I never take off unless I have to. *sigh*
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Bad day, like a lot of days recently. I'm trying to work my way out of it but it's so very hard when you're living with a mentally ill and semi-abusive parent and you're not quite able to feed the meter. But I'm doing my best, just wish my best was better.

I know, I have pretty lame rants. :P

Comment

Getting ready to leave for work.

Only slept 4 hours.

Not happy.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X