THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I'm just sleepy, I want to sleep so bad. But I never can on hubby's day off. He likes to sleep in and I can't sleep at all while he is in the bed.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I just got back from the doctor. I have influenza B and my throat is bad enough to make the doc grimace. She thought I might have had strep too, thankfully I don't. I think my parents thought I was faking being sick to get out of school. Now that they know I actually do have the flu (because the thermometer reading 102 wasn't good enough I guess) mom is suddenly concerned over how contagious I am, which she really should know since she was a nurse for a number of years and it's the freaking flu. Of course I'm contagious. She gave me a prescription for tamaflu but said it's best used within 24 hours of onset so it might not actually do much.

My step brother got his wisdom teeth out the other day and mom's been waiting on him hand and foot. The grandparents are bringing him pudding and milkshakes and things. Given that he has enough oxies to kill a small elephant and is capable of moving, walking and generally doing things for himself, while for the past two days I've struggled to get from my room to the kitchen and back again, I can't help but feel a little bitter.
      Circe

Comment

Sorry to hear ya got the flu,and really wisdom teeth coming out is NOT a major stay in bed and get waited on hand and foot deal. I had ALL my teeth out for the dentures and no one was waiting hand and foot for me..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

*Hugs* Corvus...glad you made it to a doctor
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Why is there a direct relationship between how ugly a truck is, and how difficult it is to replicate in LEGO 4-wide scale?

A Peterbilt conventional cab is a damn pretty truck that isn't too difficult to do justice in a 4-wide LEGO scale.
            A Mercedes Actros cab-over is a damn ugly truck that is quite difficult to do justice in a 4-wide LEGO scale.
            A Kenworth cab-over is an OK looking truck that is DAMN difficult to do justice in a 4-wide LEGO scale.

I chose this scale due to the difficulty to build realistic models... but sometimes this scale frustrates me to no end
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
              Why is there a direct relationship between how ugly a truck is, and how difficult it is to replicate in LEGO 4-wide scale?

A Peterbilt conventional cab is a damn pretty truck that isn't too difficult to do justice in a 4-wide LEGO scale.
              A Mercedes Actros cab-over is a damn ugly truck that is quite difficult to do justice in a 4-wide LEGO scale.
              A Kenworth cab-over is an OK looking truck that is DAMN difficult to do justice in a 4-wide LEGO scale.

I chose this scale due to the difficulty to build realistic models... but sometimes this scale frustrates me to no end
              Lets face it, Thorsson... if it was easy, you wouldn't love it so much and we might not think you were so awesome for doing it

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              I just got back from the doctor. I have influenza B and my throat is bad enough to make the doc grimace. She thought I might have had strep too, thankfully I don't. I think my parents thought I was faking being sick to get out of school. Now that they know I actually do have the flu (because the thermometer reading 102 wasn't good enough I guess) mom is suddenly concerned over how contagious I am, which she really should know since she was a nurse for a number of years and it's the freaking flu. Of course I'm contagious. She gave me a prescription for tamaflu but said it's best used within 24 hours of onset so it might not actually do much.

My step brother got his wisdom teeth out the other day and mom's been waiting on him hand and foot. The grandparents are bringing him pudding and milkshakes and things. Given that he has enough oxies to kill a small elephant and is capable of moving, walking and generally doing things for himself, while for the past two days I've struggled to get from my room to the kitchen and back again, I can't help but feel a little bitter.
              I would be waiting on you hand and foot. I think most of us would be. Alas, that's not helpful to you at all. One day you'll be out of there and you wont have to worry about them any more. Hang in there.

Comment

Yesterday I got home much earlier from my 4 day lasting excursion, because I got sick.
                When I arrived home, my mother said: "You shouldn't have returned." -___-
                Soon I will be used to such phrases.

- - - Updated - - -

I was not going to stay there with a 39C
                Last edited by Gleb; 25 Mar 2014, 06:48.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

It is March 25th and friggin snowing......... That is all...
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Apparently I'm on a liquid diet...I want to eat, but nothing I have is appetizing.

Comment

It's my own fault, but this 6-day work week is getting to be too much and there's nothing I can really do about it until August. -.-

Comment

I swear I'm buying a frikkin flamethrower and going to war with box elder bugs. They have wintered inside for far too long.

Comment

You have a box elder tree nearby? Try taking a flamethrower to that before you take it to your house...
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

It's such a good climbing/shade tree though. =\

Comment

I can feel for you cause we have freaking "Stink bugs" a beetle shows up in spring and gets inside. They don't bite or eat cloths but the are creepy looking,and just get on my nerves. Seems they came here(east coast) on a cargo ship,and are everywhere now. When the temp gets over like 45 F they start showing up even when that 45 f is in the winter. I am still trying figure how they get in as I am in an apartment and never open the windows. I do have a wall air conditioner but it is sealed.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

We got hammered with those darn things this past summer. Stink Bugs everywhere and if you kill one or confront them they let off a "Stink" that just calls all the others in the area to their rescue. Smells awful and lingers for quite some time. Haven't figured out a good way to deal with them yet.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X