• Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Real winners out there.

Comment

Things to do today.
      1. Forget my password for PF. Check.
      2. Lose my little book of passwords. Check.
      3. Reset password for PF. Check.
      4. Scrap plans for rest of the day. Check.
      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

On the subject of freedom.....In the 80's, I drove someone to the airport for an international flight. Bought bagels on the way for him to take on the plane, which were in a brown paper bag in my pocketbook. I walked him all the way to the actual entrance of the plane, said goodbye, remembered the bagels, and handed him the bag as he was boarding. Smiled at the flight attendant, who waved to me, and off we all went.

Imagine that. I will be, in a few weeks, when I do my annual scan me/search me/wait while I remove my shoes/etc. routine at the airport.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          On the subject of freedom.....In the 80's, I drove someone to the airport for an international flight. Bought bagels on the way for him to take on the plane, which were in a brown paper bag in my pocketbook. I walked him all the way to the actual entrance of the plane, said goodbye, remembered the bagels, and handed him the bag as he was boarding. Smiled at the flight attendant, who waved to me, and off we all went.

Imagine that. I will be, in a few weeks, when I do my annual scan me/search me/wait while I remove my shoes/etc. routine at the airport.
          Yeah, well, this is the age of NO and CAN'T and STOP and YOUR PAPERS, CITIZEN. Kafka was a friggin' OPTIMIST.

Comment

You had your chance with me, but once it got to the point that you were shoving me down a hallway, screaming "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU STUPID SLUT" as your friends laughed at your little "joke", that chance burned up. You can send me tons of apologetic messages about how you're confused as to why I broke up with you and you care about me so much and you would never hurt me and you want me back. That's fine. I'll ignore them. I'll ignore them because I know the things that you said and did to me, and I know that I deserve better, and I know that you'll go right back to doing them if you think you have me by the emotional tail again.

So no, I'm not giving you another chance. You had that chance. I loved you, and if you had actually shown me that you cared, shown me that you honored me, shown me that you liked and respected me- not just said it, then I would still be around.

You lost someone who deeply cared for you like she'd never cared for any of her boyfriends before. You lost someone that jumped the gun to tell flirty guys that she had a boyfriend because she never wanted to put herself in a position that would hurt you or make you jealous. You lost someone who took the time and money to create handmade gifts for you. You lost someone who wanted nothing more than to make you happy. You lost someone who flattered you because she wanted you to know how much she liked you. And that's all your fault. You broke me apart until I knew I couldn't take it anymore, and that's when you lost someone who decided that she deserved better.

If you wanted me to stay, you should have shown me you were worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
              You had your chance with me, but once it got to the point that you were shoving me down a hallway, screaming "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU STUPID SLUT" as your friends laughed at your little "joke", that chance burned up...
              Holy Crap! (Yup. That's my religion. I worship poop.)

What an A-hole!

How F'in drunk was the turd?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Luce View Post
              Yeah, well, this is the age of NO and CAN'T and STOP and YOUR PAPERS, CITIZEN. Kafka was a friggin' OPTIMIST.
              Yeah, well, that was before terrorism was status quo.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Holy Crap! (Yup. That's my religion. I worship poop.)

What an A-hole!

How F'in drunk was the turd?
                Ha, poop :P

And he was pretty wasted, but it was still no excuse, especially since he didn't even bother to apologize when I brought it to his attention the next day.
                I've seen plenty of my friends' boyfriends get embarrassingly shitfaced and still never lay a violent hand on their lovers.

Comment

I've seen plenty of my friends' boyfriends get embarrassingly shitfaced and still never lay a violent hand on their lovers.
                  Yes - I wouldn't say that a person's true personality comes out when they're drunk (what is a true personality anyway?), but it does tell you something.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Keep on ignoring him, girl. Don't reopen that can of maggots.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, what the hell? A new tenant moved in the other day and he's messed up. He leaves his door open all the time, so you can clearly see him on his bed, and yesterday he kept stomping up and down the hallway and screaming F-bombs. Can't I ever get any damn peace?
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

He is not worth it. You really cared for him. Keep ignoring him. He is not someone one need to show positive feelings to. Don't stick the shit - it won't stink.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing - what the normal person thinks, the drunk one says.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

You had your chance with me, but once it got to the point that you were shoving me down a hallway, screaming "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU STUPID SLUT" as your friends laughed at your little "joke", that chance burned up. You can send me tons of apologetic messages about how you're confused as to why I broke up with you and you care about me so much and you would never hurt me and you want me back. That's fine. I'll ignore them. I'll ignore them because I know the things that you said and did to me, and I know that I deserve better, and I know that you'll go right back to doing them if you think you have me by the emotional tail again.

So no, I'm not giving you another chance. You had that chance. I loved you, and if you had actually shown me that you cared, shown me that you honored me, shown me that you liked and respected me- not just said it, then I would still be around.

You lost someone who deeply cared for you like she'd never cared for any of her boyfriends before. You lost someone that jumped the gun to tell flirty guys that she had a boyfriend because she never wanted to put herself in a position that would hurt you or make you jealous. You lost someone who took the time and money to create handmade gifts for you. You lost someone who wanted nothing more than to make you happy. You lost someone who flattered you because she wanted you to know how much she liked you. And that's all your fault. You broke me apart until I knew I couldn't take it anymore, and that's when you lost someone who decided that she deserved better.

If you wanted me to stay, you should have shown me you were worth it.
                        Stay strong and DO NOT give him another chance! He is abusive and a huge jerk. If he keeps with the typical pattern, he'll be really sweet over the next while, but don't buy into it!

Comment

Things to do today - have time for everything.
                          Tomorrow - do it all over again.

Comment

Don't worry, everybody. I'm not even considering going back. Thanks for all of the support <3

Comment

Don't worry, everybody. I'm not even considering going back. Thanks for all of the support <3
                              You should be so proud of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                                You should be so proud of yourself.
                                Thanks, Rae It hasn't been a walk in the park, but I know I made the right decision and my life is better for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X