Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    All right its settled. We're gonna protest.

Interestingly ive never protested in australia, partly due to distance, and partly because when I was in the city I had no friends who gave a shit.

Thal, you should make a blog post with Phee's opinions it'd be an awesome read!
    I second that!

Comment

Thal's McPhee Blog!

I'd read it!

Danie, I'd also join you for a protest! Just to be in it with you! If I could walk, I'd march! As is, gimme a scooter or wheelchair and I'll carry TWO signs!

The sad part, I suppose, is that I don't much care what the protest is about. If people I know, and people I believe in, go to protest, I support them. Regardless of my personal beliefs. Weird, huh?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
        Thal's McPhee Blog!

I'd read it!

Danie, I'd also join you for a protest! Just to be in it with you! If I could walk, I'd march! As is, gimme a scooter or wheelchair and I'll carry TWO signs!

The sad part, I suppose, is that I don't much care what the protest is about. If people I know, and people I believe in, go to protest, I support them. Regardless of my personal beliefs. Weird, huh?

Nah, not weird at all!

Also, most protests I've been to are pretty much "everyone welcome". People show up in wheelchairs, on bikes, pushing strollers...however you need to get around is totally fine!

Comment

Thal's McPhee Blog!

I'd read it!

Nah, when I go with Danie, I won't understand a word, but that'll be ok, cos she will and it'll be fun! Weeeee protests!!!
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Damned depressed deer decided to commit suicide by jumping in front of my care this morning.

My car is now damned depressed.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Damned depressed deer decided to commit suicide by jumping in front of my care this morning.

My car is now damned depressed.
              The pun is killing me. >.<

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Having seen a truck(pickup) after it hit a deer many years ago,I am glad YOU are ok. The impact of a full grown deer can be pretty nasty...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Having seen a truck(pickup) after it hit a deer many years ago,I am glad YOU are ok. The impact of a full grown deer can be pretty nasty...
                  I'm getting used to it. There are so many deer around here that everybody in the family has hit at least one (this is my second).

Car's pretty messed up front grill gone, both headlights out...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Remembering an old forum you used to be part of and enjoy, going back and then immediately be reminded of why the heck you left it. Meh.
                    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                      Remembering an old forum you used to be part of and enjoy, going back and then immediately be reminded of why the heck you left it. Meh.

What? What did we do wrong? Don't leave us!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I burned my tongue on my quesadilla. It was just too good and gooey to wait.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

I'm getting used to it. There are so many deer around here that everybody in the family has hit at least one (this is my second).

Car's pretty messed up front grill gone, both headlights out...
                          It's kangaroos here. Do you have bullbars? Foolish to drive around here without one.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

What? What did we do wrong? Don't leave us!

God Chain I'm sorry, I didn't realise till now that it could be constitute as if it was you guys I was talking about :-/.
                            It was another pagan/wiccan forum I used to be part of, and had fun there, but the prejudice and sheer phobia against people with mental illnesses was getting increasingly on my nerves so I left. Well yesterday I recalled the place, after not having been there for over a year, and I did sort of miss the place. So I went back, and lo and behold what was the very first thread I saw? People with mental illnesses are problematic as part of the community (or when practising the Craft) because of "highly prejudiced reasons". Needless to say, I turned right around and left again. The rant here was to get it out of my system.

I can't recall having come across this sort of prejudice here, at least not with the unquestioned vehemence I encountered there. So not you guys, not you at all.
                            If I haven't been very active lately it's because
                            a) I haven't had a whole lot of time lately.
                            b) when a subject I was interested in popped up, someone had already said what I intended too. No reason to repeat what others had already said.
                            But I have lurked a lot.
                            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Damn it. Wifey and I took the minions to Best Buy, and then to the guilt ridden chicken place to play. We need a new computer. Hers is waiting for one of us to mail in her screen to see if the warranty will replace it, and mine is about to die.

Found a computer we like and can't afford.

Grrrrrr.
                              "I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here
                              (in your head) and here (in your heart) and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not."
                              ~from Kingdom of Heaven

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
                              ~Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Tinnitus, that is all.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X