X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
    Tinnitus, that is all.
    Because of all of my head banging days. (and yes, actual metal thrashing head back and forth) at all those metal concerts has done my ears a big f you. I remember going to see Rage against the Machine. I stood in the mosh pit and this was at the Palladium. A very small club in LA. Tom Morello began to play on the guitar. And I about popped my ear drum. If you have no idea, go listen to any song of theirs.

I actually HAVE to listen to music or you tube playing a video or any kind of noise to sleep. If not I hear a nnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg in my ear. And it changes frequencies as I turn my head. I listen with ear buds every day. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go hard of hearing. Meh. I'm miss magoo with the bad eyesight and the bad hearing. I can't wait to fall apart.

I should add: I've actually popped my eardrum. I went temporarily deaf in one ear for about a week and lost all sense of balance.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oh I just love getting flipped off when I honk at someone for speeding through a parking lot, crossing the road right in front of me. Oh I'm sorry! I didn't realize assholes had the right of way every time

Comment

Tinnitus, that is all.
        I've got this and sensitive hearing... I put the TV on and it drives me crazy. Turn it off and the ringing drives me crazy. At least the ringing isn't as bad for me as it is for some people though. It's pretty quite and just a little annoying.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Can we just declare 99% of retail customers non-human so that I can shoot them with relative impunity?
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Can we just declare 99% of retail customers non-human so that I can shoot them with relative impunity?
            Yes please

Comment

I went to a new closer laundromat. I found a used needle in the parking lot.

Comment

Wtf! Gross

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  I went to a new closer laundromat. I found a used needle in the parking lot.
                  Did it smell like scotch or like vinegar?
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Did it smell like scotch or like vinegar?
                    Um I'm guessing....who the hell smells a used needle on the floor?!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Um I'm guessing....who the hell smells a used needle on the floor?!!!!
                      The curious? You just got to lean and waft, it's not like it's going to jump up and bite you. Anyway, if it smells like scotch or band-aids then it's probably insulin. If it smells like vinegar, or just "off" then it very well could be heroin. Either way, probably best not to touch it.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

The curious? You just got to lean and waft, it's not like it's going to jump up and bite you. Anyway, if it smells like scotch or band-aids then it's probably insulin. If it smells like vinegar, or just "off" then it very well could be heroin. Either way, probably best not to touch it.
                        Yeah. Not curious! I was wearing very thin flat sandals so I could have just stepped over it. Really sad too. Next to the laundromat is some DIY open space I guess. It's a Punk hang out shop from the looks inside. And their signs specifically says don't bring drugs or booze here due to Cops trying to bust them for stuff. It's also directly in front of a nutrition shop that looks shady as F.

Comment

I hate how not motivated I am. I still need to put together some info on Bast for one of my coven members.
                          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                            I hate how not motivated I am. I still need to put together some info on Bast for one of my coven members.

I hope that helped. Best of luck, Corvus!
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I hate tea towels. Not only do they NOT dry dishes, but they NEVER come up clean. Hot water, pre wash, dry in sun... nope. Still smell weird. Stupid things.

*pouts*

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                                I hate tea towels. Not only do they NOT dry dishes, but they NEVER come up clean. Hot water, pre wash, dry in sun... nope. Still smell weird. Stupid things.

*pouts*
                                Tried soaking them in napisan?
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment