This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I love love LOVE my audiobook Robocolypse. But now I also have World War Z. I'm so excited! All about Ze end of Ze world as we know it! Woo hoo. Happy times.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Got any good jokes about sodium?

Na.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post

Na.
        I got it!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Na.
          The joke also works as follows:

"Got any good jokes about Nobelium?

No"

for fun, see also:
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Na.
            - Funny pictures of really horrible, and terribly lame puns that will make you regret the day you Googled it.
            OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
            The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
            Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I got it!
              Because you rule. It's science
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Snow, hot chocolate, and books. ^^ And tomorrow, maybe drawing.. hmm

Comment

Caesarian today... five wriggling, squirming, squeaking little Frenchies bought into this world by our hands. Nothing quite like it... and it gets me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                    Caesarian today... five wriggling, squirming, squeaking little Frenchies bought into this world by our hands. Nothing quite like it... and it gets me every time.
                    Even though I know you are talking about dogs, it makes me happy to hear this. Sometimes people acted like this method of birth is inferior and hence not an awesome thing. But its still awesome, as long as a healthy offspring comes out, am I right?

Comment

Na.
                      Reminds me of this awesome joke:

Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium BATMAN!
                      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                        Reminds me of this awesome joke:

Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium BATMAN!
                        Oh, I get it!

Finally.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                          Even though I know you are talking about dogs, it makes me happy to hear this. Sometimes people acted like this method of birth is inferior and hence not an awesome thing. But its still awesome, as long as a healthy offspring comes out, am I right?
                          I find it particularly awesome, because they literally come to life in your hands. Natural births are also awesome, but the whole process of being born naturally (the hormonal changes, being pushed through the birth canal etc) is what stimulates the breathing and the consciousness and that stuff. In a caesar, the surgeon hands them to you as wet, slimy little motionless lumps and you are personally responsible for rubbing and stimulating and breathing for them if required... right up until they take their first little gasp and make that little squeaking noise and start moving. The first real breath is just amazing... there'll be a few little gasps and then all of a sudden... they're breathing properly.

In a natural birth, you're nothing more than a facilitator. In a caesarian, you are responsible for their life. To me that makes it extra-awesome.

Comment

This made me smile, Ode to Joy Flashmob:

Flashmob Flash Mob - Ode an die Freude ( Ode to Joy ) Beethoven Symphony No.9 classical music
                            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                            Tribe of my Tribe
                            Clan of my Clan
                            Kin of my Kin
                            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Things that make me smile? Reading, my dogs, and writing.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

K'Roe and I have been married for over 30 years, but we've never been able to afford any furniture - we've been using other people's cast offs.

Well, we just bought a new, huge, red couch.

It makes me smile to see K'Roe so happy.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X