This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

3 day weekend next week, 3 day weekend the week after, and cadbury hot chocolate.

Comment

Things to do, today:

Finish wrapping presents
      Finish the Faerie house, for the Yule Faeries to have their snack (which are teeny tiny cookies and teeny tiny bits of peppermint tea)
      Entertain the children who are ridiculously excited
      Make Sun Cake, for tonight.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Kids opened their presents this morning and it was an adorable sight. Hubby also seemed to like his gifts, too, so that made me happy.

Comment

How much I love this new christmas song

Shoshoni Elder Oldhands breaks down and post's his Original Aboriginal Christmas Song, as a gift to you , after many, many, many requests....ENJOY..All my Re...

Comment

Bacon for breakfast...

Comment

Things to do: Fiddle. Faddle. Change directions. Fiddle Faddle. Rest.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

We FINALLY got the slide for the loft bed! It WILL be done today!

Comment

Pope Francis
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Feeling alive, confident, and fulfilled with myself again, thanks, in large part, to the supportive advice of some very special folks on this forum

Comment

Last night I was invited to a Soup Solstice Supper at friends' house and I spent the night. There was a snowball fight inside and drinks and lots of laughter and SOUPZOMGTEHSOUPS and then the most adorable 5-year-old in the world woke me up at 9am for gifts -- and they all included me. They friggin bought me the most thoughtful gifts and I felt so loved. They got me PAGAN MAGIC incense (ok, seriously, stop knowing me so well), and Reiki charged candles for compassion (because they know I can be a grumpy bear!), and a book about MOZART AND HIS TRAVELS AROUND THE WORLD (because holy shit, they know I live and die for classical music).

I got the little one a book about a mischievous monkey and a paper recycling kit because she's a pretty forward thinking kiddo and I think it would be fun to let her know you can recycle old stuff and make it new! Even if it's a POS, I think the idea is more important than anything else. ^_^

We drank mimosas in the morning while opening presents, PBR in the afternoon to watch American football, and then we put the little Bug in a sled and pulled her on a small trek across the busy street to a bar and grill where we stuffed ourselves with delicious food and watched the last of a game someone wanted to see.

I'm so full of love I am overflowing!

First photo is of us walking and Aunt 'Damanda pulling little Bug in the sled. Second one we took last night as the snow was coming down for the first time all year! KS knew it was officially winter and time to snow! YAY!

Deez make meh cheez hard
                      Attached Files

Comment

^^^ Sounds like fun! Classical music, you say? I was lucky enough to see Leonard Bernstein conduct the NY Philharmonic Orchestra in Central Park, NY when I was a kid. My all-time favorite music is "Scheherazade". Makes me smile just to hear it in my head!
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          ^^^ Sounds like fun! Classical music, you say? I was lucky enough to see Leonard Bernstein conduct the NY Philharmonic Orchestra in Central Park, NY when I was a kid. My all-time favorite music is "Scheherazade". Makes me smile just to hear it in my head!
                          I can play the recurring woodwinds melody predominant in the 2nd movement on my penny whistle. It is so damn hard to play on the bassoon! I love orchestral music though -- I bought my mom and I the last 2 front row balcony seats to the only ballet I've ever truly craved to see: Prokofiev's Cinderella. We're going to have so much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                            I can play the recurring woodwinds melody predominant in the 2nd movement on my penny whistle. It is so damn hard to play on the bassoon! I love orchestral music though -- I bought my mom and I the last 2 front row balcony seats to the only ballet I've ever truly craved to see: Prokofiev's Cinderella. We're going to have so much fun!
                            Cool!! I don't play anything - I played guitar in the 70's like everyone else, but I wasn't Joan Baez LOL
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

spending the day with my son that comes up with the most off the wall conversations
                              sigpic

Comment

Getting my spot back in painting class. Yippee!

Comment

Working...
                                X