This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Went to the store and came home to my two favorite people, Mr. Rowanwood and Mini-Me, snuggled up and napping on the couch. They are still there and it's adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
      Went to the store and came home to my two favorite people, Mr. Rowanwood and Mini-Me, snuggled up and napping on the couch. They are still there and it's adorable.
      You should sneakily snap an adorable photo of them. I wanna see your little munchkin! ^_^
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Collected my yule log today!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
          You should sneakily snap an adorable photo of them. I wanna see your little munchkin! ^_^
          That was the first thing I did.
          Attached Files

Comment

That was the first thing I did.
            That is so darn cute -- does he have mommy's curly hair?! I HOPE SO, it must live forever.

P.S. I saw a toy baby on the floor and was like, "heh, fuck that other baby."

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
              That is so darn cute -- does he have mommy's curly hair?! I HOPE SO, it must live forever.

P.S. I saw a toy baby on the floor and was like, "heh, fuck that other baby."

Right, that doll is huge, freaks me out all the time.

She's totally got the curlies.
              Attached Files

Comment

Right, that doll is huge, freaks me out all the time.

SHE -- my apologies! She's beautiful, I just wanna put her hair up like Pebbles and pinch her porcelain cheeks!

Comment

Oh my gods. CUTE.

That little cutie pie made me smile!

The thing that made me smile today: the girl-child learned to trick-or-treat this last Halloween, which to her means walking up to strangers and holding out a bucket so they will put candy in it. She does this wordlessly - just walks up to someone's door and thrusts her bucket at them for them to put candy in it. So today when we went to the Christmas parade, she confidently held out her bucket and attempted to walk right out into the parade so they would put candy in it. It took us a few tries to get her to understand they would throw the candy and then she would pick it up off the sidewalk.

Comment

Left for the Holiday part at 8:30pm Arrived home from said holiday party 2:30am. Everyone had a blast! I played some pool, bowled and stole a bunch of See's candy boxes! The bill: Food $230. Booze $800!! They drank like fishes! The bowling alley let us have cosmic night bowling and awesome party music. I only got to eat a few bites of a slice of pizza and drink Diet Dr Pepper. Oh. I did have a non booze margarita. Then Lauren (the friend whose father committed suicide) Sarah and I went to Denny's after to have girl time. It really helped Lauren out and I'm glad we got to talk (and not talk) about what happened. And give her words of encouragement.

All in all I'm pooped.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The sheer awesomeness of PF'ers!

I want to pay you all back for the joy, the education, the assistance, the shoulders, the time and the CARING that I have received from you all, over the years. I just don't have several billion dollars laying around, plus I don't think there's a dollar value to the smile you've given me!

Ear to ear!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'd like to echo that sentiment Chain. PF has been like a great big family and far more supportive than my actual family on many occasions. In the amorphous and vast internet we have this niche, right here, where we just come together and make everything a little better and that's pretty smile-worthy.
                        Circe

Comment

No matter what life has thrown at me, you guys have always had a reassuring and helpful word for me. I've changed so much since I first arrived here, but I've made lifetime friends in that time.

And while I was typing this, I smiled because I heard one of the kids go by blowing awkwardly into a harmonica... i guess someone figured out how it works!

Comment

My new pleated skirt.
                            I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Day old pizza.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,