X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    Good luck!
    Thank you. I figured I'd sell my soul to Satan sooner or later, but I always envisioned getting a bit more than minimum wage for it...
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
    Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
      Thank you. I figured I'd sell my soul to Satan sooner or later, but I always envisioned getting a bit more than minimum wage for it...
      I figured you might need it. My hubby worked at Wal-Mart for awhile... it didn't end well.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        As of today, I have been unemployed for 33 weeks; didn't qualify for unemployment. Been turned down by fast food joints, mega-mart hardware stores, dollar stores, and companies in the field in which I have experience and technical training.

A little while ago, Wal-Mart called. I report for orientation tomorrow morning. That makes me smile.
        Literally been there myself... I have worked for worse places, keep in mind they don't hold hard an fast to that 6 months till a raise and promotion stuff, if you are competent and have basic addition skills (uncommon in wal-mart) you may not get stuck forever. Don't let it destroy you, Wal-mart won't be where you are stuck forever, let it be what it is.

On a similar note, I got accepted for a job too! The store doesn't open until Feb 20th, but i start training and orientation on the 12th so Yay! Everyone-ish is getting employed again!
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Good luck. Any job at this point is a reason to smile!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The jobsite that I've been drilling for the last couple weeks got rained out this week.

Today was the first day this week that I was able to even TRY to pull on-site with a drill-truck.

It was so muddy that I got stuck twice in the first hour that I was on-site.

Regardless, The sun came out, and dried up the ground, and I had my most productive day, thus far, on this job.

We bid this job, hoping to be able to drill 7 holes per day.

Today... in the mud... after getting my drill-rig stuck in the mud TWICE... I drilled 14 holes.

What has 2 thumbs, and is a badass?

THIS GUY!!!!!
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

BED time makes me smile!

I need f*n sleep!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                BED time makes me smile!

I need f*n sleep!
                Me too these days, though that's all my own fault.

This makes me smile:
                Attached Files
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I wish I could have babies. :P

Oh well. Tonight I have red wine and bacon and I don't care of I may be kicked out on the street (again) in a month. Music & wine & memories fix everything (mostly).

Comment

I love it when Cat calls me. My night has been made.

(I really only have one other friend who makes me happy just by the sound of her voice...)

Mostly art.

Comment

I picked up another shift at work next week! Working 4 days. Woo hoo.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Scotland just approved equal marriage today. I can't stop smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                          Scotland just approved equal marriage today. I can't stop smiling.
                          8D Congrats!
                          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

David Thorne makes me smile. This made me laugh out loud multiple times.

ULTIMATE OFFICE TROLL

Now This Guy Would Be Fun To Work With... He's Hilarious! - qm stories & news.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Philip (who by now is my fiance, I dunno if I ever mentioned) is coming to visit me for nine days next month. I'll still have to work during his visit, but still,
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X