This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Knees are like that duce..One thing to remember about knees,injury of a knee will when you are MUCH older come back to haunt you..Just a heads up from someone that got MUCH older and that injury from so long ago hurts like hell sometimes..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

^^^ Absolutely true. Ankles, too.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        I'm sorry V. I know you are a strong willed woman. You can do this.

As for me? I'm heading to the gym to go swimming. I'm a bit nervous. I need to get this knee moving and I figured the water would be the best place. It's sore when I bend. I need to warm that sucker up. Plus it's like icky humid. I needs the water!

*and my boo boo has stopped oozing. So I think I'm safe.
        Have you taken anything to cull the swelling? Or iced/heated alternately to improve blood flow? I'm the queen bee of knee injuries - maybe I can help.

Mostly art.

Comment

I've been using neosporin and that seemed to really speed up healing time. I've been off the knee for two days*except yesterday for work*. And I'm off the next 2. It's just stiff. But it's much better then the first day. I was able to bend it around while I slept.

The swimming actually helped! I went a lot slower. But I was able to move it around more and loosen up the stiffness with no weight attached.

Sadly this is the same knee I hurt on my bike when I was a teen! Luckily it's still hanging in there!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Water therapy is really supposed to be great,and heated water therapy even better..I myself have always found a long bath to work wonders.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

People keep telling me to take Epsom salt baths but I'm coming to the realization that really don't like taking baths.... And the increasing amount of people telling me to, is making it worse.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My daughter's not eating enough... we give her good balanced meals but she takes two bites and is done. Give her sugar and it's gone instantly of course, but I refuse to give her sugar just to get her weight up. She was in the 30th percentile at her last appointment though and the doctor seemed very concerned that we aren't feeding her enough. I'm worried the next appointment will be worse.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

From my personal experience this might be a phase. Grand daughter did that for a while,then went all munchy on everything. Not sure if under-eating might be something medical or not.

Maybe here lies an answer.
                  http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/why-wont-baby-eat

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yesterday, I admitted not just one but two things to a colleague that I have never ever said to anyone before. It's actually kind of weird because I don't think they're a big deal and I actually forgot about the things until yesterday... But they things were, in my teens I went through a phase where I wanted to be a boy. Like, not a tomboy, but I actually wished I had been born a boy.
                    Earlier then that even, I used to wish I had been born a dark skinned girl.
                    Why did I admit this to someone I don't reality know that well? Beats me, but I strangely feel better for having done it.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      My daughter's not eating enough... we give her good balanced meals but she takes two bites and is done. Give her sugar and it's gone instantly of course, but I refuse to give her sugar just to get her weight up. She was in the 30th percentile at her last appointment though and the doctor seemed very concerned thoat we aren't feeding her enough. I'm worried the next appointment will be worse.
                      Find the thing(s) she will eat, be it bananas, peanut butter, mashed potatoes, whatever she'll eat. If your pediatrician is concerned with her weight, concentrate more on that right now, and less on a balanced diet. And if you have to add a sprinkle of sugar to the peas, well, a little bit won't kill her... yeah, not ideal, but sometimes ya gotta fight the battle you can win...
                      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                      Clan of my Clan
                      Kin of my Kin
                      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I'm expecting someone from a business. Doorbell rings. I say, "Are you from xyz?" (I knew it wasn't the person I was expecting.) He says "No, I'm a Jehovah's Witness". So begins the day.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                          My daughter's not eating enough... we give her good balanced meals but she takes two bites and is done. Give her sugar and it's gone instantly of course, but I refuse to give her sugar just to get her weight up. She was in the 30th percentile at her last appointment though and the doctor seemed very concerned that we aren't feeding her enough. I'm worried the next appointment will be worse.
                          The first thing I have to ask is if she snacks? If she snacks at all (and I really mean at all), then she's not going to eat meals with you and on your schedule. Kids eat a lot less than we do for quite some time...unless its something that has their undivided interest. If you are truly worried about her consumption, keep a food diary (and make sure that everyone uses it, write down what you offer her and what she eats both)...its the best way to track what she's actually consuming (and if you end up at a pediatric nutritionist, you'll be prepared). With that being said, this is so not a big deal if everything else is normal. Don't be afraid to tell the doctor to stuff it--the percentiles have issues, huge issues (the first hint of a problem is if your doctor is using the CDC standard, he/she should be using the WHO chart for your kiddo's age).

Something to keep in mind regarding the CDC growth curve:

With children under 2 years, you have to take the percentile rankings with an extra grain of salt. The current standards for infant growth were published back in 1977 and based on a limited survey of babies born in Yellow Springs, Ohio, between the 1920s and mid-1970s. The babies were all white and mostly bottle-fed, so the charts don't take into account differences in growth rates between bottle and breast-fed babies or major changes in ethnicity in the United States since the '70s.

sauce
                          Both of my kids started out gigantic in the 80th (Chickadee) and 90th (Sharkbait) percentile by size (weight and height), and by their first year were both around the 25th for weight and the 70th for height. That was normal growth for them. Every child is different. But. The pediatrician that we had made us do every rediculous test under the sun, and threatened us with CPS if they didn't gain weight according to their schedule. Then I got out of the military and took my kids to the same pediatrician my brothers and I had. After incredulously asking why they'd had all this invasive testing done, took one look at them, and called it plain idiotic...I believe his exact words were "any moron should be able to tell that these children are perfectly healthy". Kids have their own growth curves that don't necessairly follow the standard...you can only (possibly) pinpoint a problem with growth curves by looking at a trend over time--and its not worth changing their tastebuds or their gut flora for a few pounds.

Lots of kids do this, its usually a phase...just like she's "done", she'll probably go through eat-everything-in-sight phases Is she active? Is she growing (vertically?)? Is she vomiting or having unusualy stools? Is she meeting other development goals appropriately? If so, there's nothing wrong with being in the 30th percentile, even if she started out life in the 90th percentile. A good pedi understands that kids grow on their own terms and that you can't force them to eat, as long as she's active and otherwise healthy, its not really a concern. Basically, if everything else is a-ok, the weight is not a big deal at all. If your pedi doesn't *get* that and is making you have anxiety about her health, find another doctor....just run away now.

Unfortunately, when we moved back to Virginia we ended up with morons for doctors again--both my kids are skinny, not a jiggle or spare inch of fat on them anywhere...but they do gymnastics, and both of them can pump out a couple dozen push-ups like most kids say their ABC's and can even do about a half-dozen pull-ups apiece. Needless to say, they are no longer in the 25% percentile for weight (their BMIs are 80th and 70th percentile), and at the last appointment, it was actually suggested to me that we needed to start watching Chickadee's weight (Phee is a) a vegetarian, b) dislikes most sweets, c) would rather have celery sticks than chips, and d) buff)--and he said it in front of her (needless to say, he is no longer the doctor she is assigned to).
                          Last edited by thalassa; 22 Jul 2015, 07:20.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Coffee and Doctor Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              Why did I admit this to someone I don't reality know that well? Beats me, but I strangely feel better for having done it.
                              I find it way easier to just tell people stuff about me when I don't know them too well. Because I don't care. I have no fear with them. People who know me...don't know me at all. Because I feel if I told them everything they wouldn't want to know me anymore. Would find out I'm a broken individual.

*sorry. Went to the dark place there for a sec
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hands the Duce the special mask just for such soul searching tasks...

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking about the question,"Why am I still alive" though it may seem an odd question,you need the back story..My older brother(older by a year),my older sister(3 years older) are both dead,my brother died at the age of 59,my sister I think was about 68-69. Now the reason I wonder is of all my siblings(I have a younger sister who just turned 62) I was the one that did all the crazy and dangerous stuff,I drank heavily,used drugs a LOT,ran around with some questionable people,and at one point I thought I would not see 30..and yet here I am at 68 and wondering just how it is I am still going strong....If by chance my Younger sister were to pass before me ,to me that would be truly weird..but things go the way they go.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X