This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I'm thinking all about the margarita I just made. One part triple sec, one part lime juice, two parts Sauza.

Comment

And not yet even Friday....but salute..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        And not yet even Friday....but salute..

Comment

I just got rid of 6 trash bags of clothes and other odds and ends. I still feel like I have too much clutter, even though if I packed up everything I owned aside from the furniture and computers, it would probably only take up another 6 bags.

But I feel "lighter." So to speak. Less confined.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
            I just got rid of 6 trash bags of clothes and other odds and ends. I still feel like I have too much clutter, even though if I packed up everything I owned aside from the furniture and computers, it would probably only take up another 6 bags.

But I feel "lighter." So to speak. Less confined.
            I so love the feeling of throwing out trash.

Fortunately, I think my wife is a secret hoarder who has once yearly boughs of regret so I get to greatly enjoy this feeling annually.

We rented a dumpster, it is now full of garage junk, and will be gone today. I feel lighter, as if I've had a Red Bull enema.

(Side note: my auto correct couldn't tell me if "enema" had one "m" or two, so, being an English teacher, I was compelled to look it up in my usual quick way of typing it into Google. I couldn't help butt notice that the first listing was for Wikkihow, which has instructions, with pictures, if anybody is interested. I'm not. I find the thought disquieting, butt I don't judge, so I'm just putting this out there for interested persons.)
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I also tend to use Google for a spell checker...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                The first thing I have to ask is if she snacks? If she snacks at all (and I really mean at all), then she's not going to eat meals with you and on your schedule. Kids eat a lot less than we do for quite some time...unless its something that has their undivided interest. If you are truly worried about her consumption, keep a food diary (and make sure that everyone uses it, write down what you offer her and what she eats both)...its the best way to track what she's actually consuming (and if you end up at a pediatric nutritionist, you'll be prepared). With that being said, this is so not a big deal if everything else is normal. Don't be afraid to tell the doctor to stuff it--the percentiles have issues, huge issues (the first hint of a problem is if your doctor is using the CDC standard, he/she should be using the WHO chart for your kiddo's age
                First, thanks for the advise. We don't really do snacks. It's not a daily thing anyway. If she goes to see her grandparents or we're doing something special, then she might get something, but not on a daily basis. My sister's kids were always rail thin as toddlers too so it might just be a family thing. What I'm keeping an eye on the most is trying to make sure she gets enough protien. She drinks almond milk now so I know she's getting enough calcium but getting the 10g of protien is proving to be a challenge. And then keeping her sugar down. The boys I watch in the morning get a snack before school. Like a little Debbie type snack, and she's old enough now to start tantruming if she's left out. So keeping that down is proving difficult. But I'm improvising with bringing something of my own for her. Some fruit or cereal, etc.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  First, thanks for the advise. We don't really do snacks. It's not a daily thing anyway. If she goes to see her grandparents or we're doing something special, then she might get something, but not on a daily basis. My sister's kids were always rail thin as toddlers too so it might just be a family thing. What I'm keeping an eye on the most is trying to make sure she gets enough protien. She drinks almond milk now so I know she's getting enough calcium but getting the 10g of protien is proving to be a challenge. And then keeping her sugar down. The boys I watch in the morning get a snack before school. Like a little Debbie type snack, and she's old enough now to start tantruming if she's left out. So keeping that down is proving difficult. But I'm improvising with bringing something of my own for her. Some fruit or cereal, etc.

Is there a reason for the almond milk? Lactose issues? Chickadee likes hard boiled eggs and yogurt, but can't stand milk (she uses coconut milk on cereal when she gets it). She'll also do sunflower seeds and peanut butter.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Some guy on youtube saw I was pro-trans, and proceeded to go to my channel and put transphobic comments ON EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY VIDEOS.

I thought it was hilarious.
                    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Welcome to the grand world of trolls...I think they really have no idea of what they are against,they just like to stir up sh*t.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Is there a reason for the almond milk? Lactose issues? Chickadee likes hard boiled eggs and yogurt, but can't stand milk (she uses coconut milk on cereal when she gets it). She'll also do sunflower seeds and peanut butter.
                        My girlfriend is vegan and my daughter was the only one drinking cows milk so when she was 18 mo and didn't need the fat anymore we switched her to almond and/or soy. Typically almond.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                          My girlfriend is vegan and my daughter was the only one drinking cows milk so when she was 18 mo and didn't need the fat anymore we switched her to almond and/or soy. Typically almond.
                          So...if weight is an concern, then I'd think switching her back is something worth looking in to. There's nothing wrong with the fat in milk for a kid, unless they are overweight, in which case, the problem isn't the milk so much as the sugary beverages and snacks...there are newer and more comprehensive studies that question the APA recommendation of taking 2 year olds off whole milk. Otherwise, yogurt, cheese, nuts, avocado, etc are healthy ways to increase the calories. A healthy and active toddler should still have a high fat (but healthy fats) diet.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            I so love the feeling of throwing out trash.

Fortunately, I think my wife is a secret hoarder who has once yearly boughs of regret so I get to greatly enjoy this feeling annually.

We rented a dumpster, it is now full of garage junk, and will be gone today. I feel lighter, as if I've had a Red Bull enema.

(Side note: my auto correct couldn't tell me if "enema" had one "m" or two, so, being an English teacher, I was compelled to look it up in my usual quick way of typing it into Google. I couldn't help butt notice that the first listing was for Wikkihow, which has instructions, with pictures, if anybody is interested. I'm not. I find the thought disquieting, butt I don't judge, so I'm just putting this out there for interested persons.)
                            Wow that sounds like an efficient way of "lightening" oneself.

Yep, I know my wordage stopped functioning properly years ago. I've given up trying to fix it.

.... We received our long-awaited letter in the mail today... it's our final stepping stone, our last red-tape crossing, the last thing we had pending that kept us from sorting out our loose ends and making concrete plans for our upcoming move. In a week or so, we'll know exactly where we're going and on exactly what date.

Comment

Since moving back to Texas and changing over my dl and that fun stuff I have started receiving tons of junk mail with my maiden name on it. Then my Dad called and told me he had received a piece of mail with my name on it (maiden name) and it was form the city of Ft Worth. I did a credit report just to make sure my identity hadn't been stolen and I'm good. Just curious as to why all of a sudden I am now getting a huge influx of stuff with my maiden name...
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Two of my girlfriends are planning my bachelorette party. They know I have anxiety so they're letting me know what and when to expect so I can prepare... well.. at least they said they would. Today they asked who to invite, so I mentioned a few girlfriends... just one problem; my two very best friends are guys, and they have decided that it's girls only... none of the girls know me (or what I would find enjoyable) as well as they do. But I can't bring them... so. I might just have a day out with the guys some time :P

Also thinking about runes. I've been working with them for some months now. It's funny how they always make sense, and how they change. Yea. I should go to sleep soon
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...